Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can Koodo Un lock my Upgraded Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.4.2?

By helping from you guy in this community I found out my phone “Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999V” is compatible with Koodo. My phone is locked to Wind so by paying 30+Tax I ordered the unlock code from WIND web site but the unlock code did not work, I called them several times during the past two month they just told me “It takes times and we have to check the code with your phone manufacturer !”. I called Samsung, they answered they did not lock it and Wind company locked the phone and they can not do any thing about it . I went to some mobile shops they realised I have upgraded the phone to Android version to 4.4.2 and no body can do any thing about it . Can Koodo unlock my phone? Any solution or Idea to unlocked the phone and join to Koodo will be appreciated. Thanks Reza

3 replies

Badge +4
It's not 100% compatible and in all honesty I think you would be happier with a phone that actually works on the Koodo network instead of taking your chances with a WIND device. I find it very strange that an unlock code is taking two months to arrive, usually it's within ten or fifteen minutes online or a day or two at best. If WIND can't unlock your phone within a reasonable timeframe, then they should be refunding your money. Waiting two months for an unlock code is out of the question, in my opinion.
rikkster wrote:

It's not 100% compatible and in all honesty I think you would be happier with a phone that actual...

Dear rikkster, Thanks for your answer, I receive the code at once, but it is not working.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

It's not 100% compatible and in all honesty I think you would be happier with a phone that actual...

You're very welcome. My point still stands. If the code didn't work, your S3 remains locked to WIND. You're basically back to where you started, only problem is that now two months have elapsed and you still don't have a working unlock code. If it were me, I would be asking for a refund.