Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can i use my tab to upgrade my phone WITHOUT changing my plan?

I have the $15/month plan that I'm completely happy with and I have a positive(credit) TAB of $127.However my ancient LG Optimus One (LG-P500H,koodo's 1st android phone) is really showing it's age.

could i get the samsung galaxy S4 if walked into the store with $233 ($360 retail price - my $127 TAB) without changing my plan?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You do not need to change your plan to upgrade your phone And yes you can use that positive tab balance towards your purchase
Chad Burr wrote:

You do not need to change your plan to upgrade your phone And yes you can use that positive tab ...

the website only has 2 options: put the phone on a tab (forcing me to change my plan) or "sim only" which doesn't give the option to use my tab credit. So using a tab credit to outright buy the phone is an in store only thing?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You do not need to change your plan to upgrade your phone And yes you can use that positive tab ...

Putting your phone on a tab doesn't force a plan change either
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Totally forgot, You can't buy a device online anyway at the moment. The store is down without any date of when it's supposed to be open. You'll need to visit a store
Chad Burr wrote:

I want to update my phone using my existing plan and my TAB S...the system force me to change my plan...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You can no longer upgrade on Tab while keeping your plan. If you wish to keep your old plan, you have to purchase the phone at full price. Which isn't all that terrible, as you end up doing the same thing with a new tab - it's just spread out over 24 months.