Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use a telus sim card on koodo?

Here's my situation, I am a current koodo month to month customer with a negative tab balance, I have an unlocked moto x and a telus nano sim card, can I use that sim card in my new moto x on the koodo network by "swapping my phone through self serve? please help. Thanks

10 replies

Absolutely Koodo and telus network are the same .. Or almost But they are cross compatible The only thibg you would need is a sim card adapter
Whay do you mean by sim card adaptor?
Userlevel 7
Hi Noah, The Telus sim card cannot be activated on Koodo. They may be the same network but they are different companies so you'll need a new Koodo sim card in order to use it on Koodo. If the sim card you have from your Koodo phone is the same size you could simply swap the sim card from the old phone to the new one. Hope that helps
If it doesnt use the same sim card size you would need one Its a little piece of plastic of the size of a micro sim with a slot in it for a nano sized one
Just use you sim from koodo and placr it in the telus device
Where can i get a new sim card? Does my tab need to be paid off?
Userlevel 7
Noah Chauvin wrote:

You can buy one from a Koodo kiosk or retailer. No your tab doesn't need to be paid off.
Noah Chauvin wrote:

I have a Samsung s5 with telus so I can get a sim card from koodo and put it in the phone and it will work on a telus phone.
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Koodo plane sorry.
Userlevel 7
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Hi there, That's correct, most newer phones from Telus or Koodo can be used on one another just by simply switching the sim cards without having to unlock them beforehand. Hope that helps answer your question. 🙂