Koodo Community

Community

Question

Can I set up a Monthly deposit so I dont have to pay the monthly late fees?

I have a cut off, over due payment for a cellphone(around $350). Want to make monthly payments to pay it off without the Monthly late fee charge.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Signing up for pre-authorized payments is easy! Your bill is automatically withdrawn from your chequing account or credit card every month, which means you don't need to remember to pay your bills, and they'll always be paid on time, which means no late charges. You can cancel this service whenever you want. To set up pre-authorized payments: 1. Log in to your Self Serve account. 2. Scroll down to Other helpful links and select Register or change pre-authorized payment. 3. You’ll land on the Pre-authorized payment page. Select Set up pre-authorized payments. 4. Select your payment method. Insert the details of your payment method and select Submit. 5. Review your payment information and select Confirm. 6. Your set up will be confirmed via email. It’ll take one full billing cycle (one month) for the changes to take effect. Source: http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/Billing-and-Payment/How-do-I-set-up-pre-authorized-payments-1
Userlevel 7
You can also setup your account with your bank and send payments as often as you like. I'm on a variable income so I normally pay a little bit each week right through the banks bill pay system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You can also setup your account with your bank and send payments as often as you like. I'm on a v...

Until you have paid off the overdue balance though, you will continue to be charged late fees.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You can also setup your account with your bank and send payments as often as you like. I'm on a v...

I thought in the past costumers could call in to arrange for payment/payment plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

They still can. A payment plan protects against suspension though, not late fees.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once you have this paid off, I recommend switching to prepaid.  There would be no nasty overage surprises and data and minutes roll over if unused.