Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I purchase and hook up a new phone on my account and use the number i am currently using ?

I have the G4, can I purchase an iPhone and hook it up with my current number. And then pay off the tab for the G4?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Absolutely.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worse case scenario you have to buy a different sized SIM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you purchase the iPhone outright; else you will have to pay off your current Tab to get a new Tab for the iPhone.

You just need to update your SIM information in Self Serve, as the iPhone uses a nano-SIM .

If I pay off the tab first, will I lose my phone number between the time I pay it off and the time I buy the iPhone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jamie wrote:

If I pay off the tab first, will I lose my phone number between the time I pay it off and the tim...

No, your plan would continue having paid off the Tab.  If you want to buy the iPhone on the Tab from Koodo, they will create the new Tab, and send you a bill for payment of the outstanding amount of the old Tab.

jamie wrote:

If I pay off the tab first, will I lose my phone number between the time I pay it off and the tim...

could I sell the G4 to pay off the tab or does the tab need to be paid before someone else can take the phone!? If they started me a new tab for the iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jamie wrote:

It will work if you sell it as they most likely won't black list it they just bill you and if you don't pay for it they send it to collections.
May I don't understand good, but I think that You don't need to paid off the tab. You should buy the new SIM, then using the SelfServe to change Phone with new SIM card, your current number will transfer to new SIM and new Phone with current Tab. After that, you could paid off the G4 tab.
Note: Your IPhone is locked or unlocked?
I don't have the iPhone yet. I would need to buy one from Koodo. But I want to start a new tab with the iPhone.
Userlevel 7
jamie wrote:

I don't have the iPhone yet. I would need to buy one from Koodo. But I want to start a new tab wi...

If you're going to start a new tab you'll have to pay off the old one first.
Userlevel 7
You can always buy an iPhone outright from the Apple store (recommended, as it will come unlocked) without touching any tabs and then sell the G4, but this obviously costs a lot of money upfront. You can also search Kijiji/eBay for some used or refurbished options to save some money.