Koodo Community

Community

Can i pay Upfront for Samsung Galaxy S8 of my own Choice?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there,

Yes you can always pay your phone upfront.
Robert wrote:

Hello there,

does it cost me extra to pay it off up front?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello there,

No it does not cost extra to pay it off ahead of time. You are just supposed to wait 90 days before you can pay off your tab in full.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Hassan, you can purchase the device if your a koodo customer for full price but it doesn't really make sense with the great deals you get if you get it on a tab where you can save up to $311 on the price of the device.
If i want to pay $300 or $400 can i pay of my own choice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want the $311 savings you need the large tab so you pay $200 up front and $21 a month for 24 months. However if you want to pay off the phone quicker then you can pay the tab in full after 3 months and you still get that savings. You will have to choose a large tab plan however for those 3 months, but once you pay off the tab in full after the 3 months you can then switch to a lower plan.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you want the $311 savings you need the large tab so you pay $200 up front and $21 a month for ...

Why does someone have to wait for 3 months to pay out the tab in full? 
I don't see any mention of this 3 month period on the website or in the Koodo's contract
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want the $311 savings you need the large tab so you pay $200 up front and $21 a month for ...

It should be in the tab agreement you sign up for I believe. The reason is ostensibly to ensure people don't take advantage of a sale and then leave Koodo.

Do you know where I can find my contract? I bought my koodo phone at Bestbuy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"You'll need to be a Koodo customer for at least 90 days before you can pay off your Tab Balance." https://www.koodomobile.com/help/everything-you-need-know-about-tab