Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I not buy the SIM card with my new phone?

My Nexus 4 broke so I'm buying a new phone from Koodo ( an LG G4). I took the old SIM card from the nexus and I plan to just put it into the G4 so I can retain my current plan and phone number (I'm pretty sure this'll work, but please anyone let me know if I'm wrong here).

But in my order for the new phone, I noticed that I'm being charged $10 for a new SIM card. There doesn't seem to be an option to leave that out so I'm wondering if there is a way? I don't think I'll have a use for the new card so it'll just be a waste.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That will work as the y take the same sized SIM Card. Even if you had to switch SIM cards because your new phone used a different size you wouldn't have to worry about losing your plan or phone number, it just switches your entire account to the hr new card when you activate it. All new phones come with a SIM Card and I don't believe there is a way to not have it come with the new device. Depending on how old your SIM Card is, like if you got it with your Nexus 4 then your going to want to activate your new SIM Card anyways as it is a new NFC capable LTE capable card where your old one wouldn't be. So when you get the new card just log into your s lf serve and click on mobile phone and then go about activating the new card and away you go it takes like 10 minutes and you know you have ever y capability your new phone can offer with that new card.
Userlevel 7
Also check again as I believe there is a ten dollar credit for the sim card as well. Not sure.