Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I "downgrade" to my 3 year old android device? SIM invalid

I still have my original smartphone (an indestructible LG P500H) but am currently using a Nexus 4. The N4, however, has been displaying signs of a serious screen issue (touchscreen non-responsive one minute, and super hypersensitive at others) making it nearly unusable. I would like to reactivate the LG but when I attempt to "Change Phones" and "upgrade Phone" online, the SIM card number is apparently invalid (it's Koodo SIM, and was always on Koodo, not stolen, etc.) even though entering the IMEI tells me the phone should be valid. If I take it to a Koodo store can I buy a new SIM card and have it up and running? Or should I be trying to find a new phone on my very limited budget?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your LG sim card has expired if you tried to activate the one you were using. (Because the sim card will expired after 90 days of non-use.) You need a new sim card and activate it.
Mayumi wrote:

Your LG sim card has expired if you tried to activate the one you were using. (Because the sim c...

Thanks so much! Off the the store as soon as they open!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Your LG sim card has expired if you tried to activate the one you were using. (Because the sim c...

You're welcome 🙂 And, how old is your Nexus 4? Do you still have warranty on it? You can ask a rep at a Koodo store tif you can send your phone for warranty repair.
Mayumi wrote:

It's two years old and had a third party screen replacement done just a few months after purchase (a very unfortunate dropping incident), so I think I'm out of luck on warranty. Seems to be a semi-common issue, but other than that this phone has been an absolute charm. Hoping a new version of it, or the N5 is in the near future and I'll be able to hold out until then.