Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can i change my plan if i have a 2 year contract

Hi. So i recently got a 2 year contract on a S5 neo. The plan offers unlimited texting nationwide, 100 min local talkime but no data . I wanna know if i can change my tab plan and add the phone charges on to it or do i have to wait for my contact to finish and then i can change to a plan with data? Thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's actally international texts. You're on a tab rather than a contract. You can change your plan anytime you want once per billing cycle without any issue with your tab, which you will continue paying as per normal. The only thing is if you want a tab plus you need a tab plus plan and vice versa. What do you mean by add phone charges on your tab plan? You can pay off your tab after 90 days if you wish. It's only for the cost of the phone.
Goran wrote:

It's actally international texts. You're on a tab rather than a contract. You can change your pla...

Hey ok so a bit more info: i have a plan that 9ffers me 100 mins local and unlimited texts for $25. I got this plan when with a 2 year contract on a samsung s5 neo. I payed a upfront with the.gift money i got back and now i pay $9 for the phone + the tab so $34 per month. Now i have been missing some data with this plan mostly cus i cant play pokemon go. So i want to change my plan to a maybe cheaper plan that offers me data. So for example can i change it so i pay $20 or any other amount that offer me data and add the $9 that i pay for the phone. Or do i need to pay the money for the phone and then change the plan - THANKS
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It's actally international texts. You're on a tab rather than a contract. You can change your pla...

There are no cheaper plans than that unfortunately. What province are you in? Some have better plans than others but otherwise you will probably need to spend 40-50 a month to have data. There is the 30 dollar one but 100mb is utterly useless. As I said you can change your plan without issue once per month to any plan you want. The tab plus plans require you to change to a tab plus and I suggest not doing that. No Matter what plan you are on you will just pay your tab as normal.
Goran wrote:

Hey so i got the 100 mb plan as a trial fir now. So my self serve app shows that i have a current 0/100 mb used and a previous 0/per cycle does this mean i can start using the data and it will be charged from my 100mb or sgould i wait until my billing cycle is over
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You will get a prorated amount based on what day of the billing cycle you got the plan changed. If half way through th plan, that means you get 50MB out of 100 to use until the fir full cycle with your new plan.
Goran wrote:

So i have about 22 days left does that mean i have almost full since it shows the 0mb out of 100 mb used
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You will pay 22/30 of the normal monthly price of the new plan till the end of the billing cycle and have rights to 22/30 of the plan data, or roughly 70% of the 100 MB while 70% of the price.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Around 73MB. IIRC you get the first ten days unlimited usage to se what your usage pattern is. What I don't remember is if that new activations with data or anyone with data for th first time.
Goran wrote:

Cool. Alright one last thing. When i went to the data setting i briefly turned it on but it didnt show a limit. So should i keep it on longer so it shows the 70mb mark?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A big Koodo advantage: you can change to any available service plan for free once per billing cycle. The changes will be billed [i]pro-rata.

Add services, or subtract if you've gone overboard without affecting the financing of your phone ("tab"). Tab payments remain constant (in your case the $9) unless you decide to pay it off ahead of time. Monthly service billing will vary according to the new plan you choose.

By the way, playing games won't cost you data if you can do so over wifi, either at home or at a public hotspot.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

A big Koodo advantage: you can change to any available service plan for free once per billing cyc...

Wow thanks. The thing with pokemon go is that it gets you to go out and explore to catch pokemon its preety useless with wifi. But thanks for the main part 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

A big Koodo advantage: you can change to any available service plan for free once per billing cyc...

Please remember that you can change your plan once per billing cycle, so if you find that the new plan isn't suited to your needs, you'll have to wait until next month.