Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can i change my phone if i still have a tab balance

Im thinking about buying an unlocked nexus 5 online, i still have have a negative tab balance on my current phone, can i just swap my phone through self serve or do i have to pay my tab balnce first. Also can i pit my current sim card in the nexus since there both micro sim or do i have to get a new one? Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You only have to pay off your tab if you want to get another phone on Tab. Other wise you can just swap the sims
Dennis wrote:

You only have to pay off your tab if you want to get another phone on Tab. Other wise you can ...

Do i have to buy another sim? or can i use the one i have? Also do i have to do anything to my acvount to switch phone rhrough self serve or can i just do it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You only have to pay off your tab if you want to get another phone on Tab. Other wise you can ...

If your current sim is the right size for your new phone then u can use the one you have. If this is the case you dont have to do anything else on self serve. If the sim is a different size then you have to get a new sim card and go to the phones tab then switch phones and you can enter the new sim card number and in about 15 mins or less your new sim will be active and your old sim would be de-activated. Note: the phone may require a reboot if it is not active. Also your old sim is still good if you want to swap sims back and forth on self serve, But note that is the de-activated sim does not get any use in 90 days, then it will not be able to be reactivated
Userlevel 1
I think your tab has to be paid off. I recently changed phones and they asked me if I had paid off my Tab. I'm pretty sure they add it to your next bill. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Decrypter wrote:

I think your tab has to be paid off. I recently changed phones and they asked me if I had paid of...

This is only the case if you are buying a new phone on tab. If you are buying online (through google) or if you are buying a new phone outright from Koodo then you dont need to pay off your existing tab
Userlevel 1
Decrypter wrote:

I think your tab has to be paid off. I recently changed phones and they asked me if I had paid of...

Yes, that was indeed my situation. Thanks for helping out, Dennis.
Thanks for the help!