Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I buy Moto G 3rd gen from Koodo outright?

Can I buy Moto G 3rd gen from Koodo outright? Even if I am not Koodo customer? I don't care if it's locked to Koodo since the person who I want to buy it for is already on Koodo prepaid. This is supposed to be.gift for my friend. Thanks!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo does not sell phones outright to non-Koodo customers
Userlevel 2
Actually, Denn they do. ONLY PHONES that have a Purple Label on them Can be Bought Outright, NO need to be a Koodie client. Asked at Koodie stores. If Phone had a Red Label, Then NO, You must be a Client as that is a Postpaid Phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Makkahn Mack wrote:

Actually, Denn they do. ONLY PHONES that have a Purple Label on them Can be Bought Outright, NO n...

You are right. The Moto G is a postpaid phone only. Here are the prepaid phones and pricing https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-phones
Userlevel 2
Makkahn Mack wrote:

Actually, Denn they do. ONLY PHONES that have a Purple Label on them Can be Bought Outright, NO n...

Moto G is Both, actually
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Makkahn Mack wrote:

Koodo's website says otherwise
Userlevel 2
Makkahn Mack wrote:

I Went DIRECTLY to Koodie Kiosk, and was Told By Koodie Rep
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Makkahn Mack wrote:

I went DIRECTLY to the Koodo website and was shown by Koodo.com
Userlevel 6
Hello,

You can purchase the Moto G (2015) for $266 outright on prepaid only. $216 with a $48 off if you put it on a Tab.
Userlevel 5
I went to Koodo Kiosk, with my motto g 1st generation owing $36.00 on small tab. Paid $216.00 for motto g 3rd + tax. They called Koodo then swapped my sim card to 3rd generation, no charge. 3 minutes latter 3rd generation, up and running and I continue paying down my tab using new phone. 3 days later swapped my wife's s2x for my motto g 1st generation sim card, cost was $10 + tax.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

I went to Koodo Kiosk, with my motto g 1st generation owing $36.00 on small tab. Paid $216.00 fo...

That would be postpaid.  OP doesnt have a koodo account
5s wrote:

I went to Koodo Kiosk, with my motto g 1st generation owing $36.00 on small tab. Paid $216.00 fo...

Naw man I'm under 18 so I have to buy full out and I got mine. You can tell me otherwise but I'm using this to respond to this bud.
5s wrote:

I would even take a trip to Best Buy.  I don't know if they carry the Moto G (2015) unlocked, but they do offer various other options.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

Not unlocked.  If you want unlocked try Staple.  you can only buy a phone from Koodo if you are an active Koodo customer
5s wrote:

Best Buy does offer unlocked phones (at least in Ontario).  The Samsung Grand Prime is advertised online for $269.99 unlocked.  They also carry the Huawei P8 Lite and a few Polaroid phones. 

Staples also offers unlocked phones and retailers such as Factory Direct offer refurbished unlocked phones
Userlevel 5
Can you take your friend out to lunch and stop by a Koodo Dealer/Agent and do the purchase?