Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I buy a new phone and new number, but switch the SIM cards?

So I'm trying to do something slightly confusing, to me at least.
I currently have 3 phones on my account for different people in my family, I'm looking to add another, here's my conondrum, we already have a brand new Nexus 5, whose current holder, wants the LG G3, and the new addition, wants the Nexus 5 we already have. Can I add a new phone to my account, get the LG G3, and simply switch the SIM cards? Essentially person A has a nexus 5, wants the LG G3, can I buy it for person B, give  them the Nexus 5, will that work without having to pay off the nexus 5 since it's still under my plan, just a different number?

Sorry if it's contrived
icon

Best answer by Ahmad 13 August 2015, 23:59

Yes you can do that. A phone thats purchased is not tied down to that specific line regardless if it was bought on a tab. You aren't required to use the phone you buy. You could upgrade your phone and give it away for all you want.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Yes you can do that. A phone thats purchased is not tied down to that specific line regardless if it was bought on a tab. You aren't required to use the phone you buy. You could upgrade your phone and give it away for all you want.