Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can I activate unlimited text for USA from the states?

I have a monthly plan and Im going to the states. I will be on a cruise then in the states for ten days. can i activate the 10 day text message plan from the states or do I have to do it from Canada?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can activate it from the US, but if you send a text to activate it you will be charged roaming rates for that message. Better to add it from Canada, add it via self serve using a computer or a wifi connection, or call in from a land line and speak with customer service about adding it. There may be a $10 free for the last option though.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can activate it from the US, but if you send a text to activate it you will be charged roamin...

Texting koodo is free from the states
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can activate it from the US, but if you send a text to activate it you will be charged roamin...

Im am coming from Canada.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Activate it on the day you plan to leave Canada
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

is being on a cruise on from LA to Victoria along the coast line - international or US - for texting package?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Check out this thread:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/going-on-a-cruise-want-abilty-to-text