Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can deactivated sim card be reactivated?

Long story short..(its been a long expensive week). So I had a Samsung galaxy s2 LTE and the screen broke. I upgraded the next day to an Alcatel idol 3 and new sim card and 5 days later the screen broke and the touch screen doesn't work, I miss understood the extended warranty(thought it didn't cover damage so didn't get it). So now I have two phone and no service. I wanted to switch back to my s2 as it still works but when I called in for help they said the sim is deactivated and can not be reactivated I have to by a new one or make the smaller idol 3 one fit. Its only been 6days and I am a monthly customer, so was he right or can it be reactivated as I've seen in other post?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
As long as it wasn't pre-paid you should be able to re-activate it as long as it hasn't been inactive for 90 days or more. You can actually do the change yourself in Self Serve.
Mathieu wrote:

As long as it wasn't pre-paid you should be able to re-activate it as long as it hasn't been inac...

Thank you!!! Your my hero for the day!! Now would I go to upgrade phone or new sim in current phone?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

As long as it wasn't pre-paid you should be able to re-activate it as long as it hasn't been inac...

Wooo!!! 😛

You should be able to just do new sim in current phone. It will ask you for the SIM number you want to activate, so you will need to take it out of your S2 to put it in the site.
Mathieu wrote:

You are seriously the BEST person I've never met!!! I have a phone again, even if its old and my cut me but at least I have something till I can get my new one fixed. So now one last question. When my idol 3 is fixed should I be able to just do the same thing as long as it isn't past the 90days?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

yes.

Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. You can always get a universal screen protector to put on top of your cracked screen. It may already be broken, but adds a layer of protection against the whole cutting your fingers thing 😛
Mathieu wrote:

Thank you so much again!!!!
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

Kittie,   I have the Idol 3 and would [b]highly recommend getting the Flip cover for it.
Its made for that phone and available at Koodo Kiosks.