Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can anyone tell me if I can download the Pokemon Go app using the Moto G 3rd gen? In Canada as well.

I really want to get the Pokémon Go app for my son. I have the Moto G 3rd gen. Is this possible to do? Cant seem to find it anywhere. Is it not available in Canada yet?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to side load the APK file since the app is not yet released in Canada Yet.

Go to APKPure to download the game.  That's what I did and got all my friends to do.  But this is done at your own risk
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You have to side load the APK file since the app is not yet released in Canada Yet.

Go to APKPur...

Like Dennis said there is a risk of getting apps outside the playstore as they can contain malware/viruses. To load apps from outside the playstore you will have to go to Your settings - security and then turn on the ability to download from unknown sources. You are best to wait till it's released to the playstore in Canada if you have any worries
Dennis wrote:

Go to APKPur...

thanks both. Have you used a specific one that is safe that I could get a link/name any info to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Go to APKPur...

Google APKPure.  I download all my non Canada and Beta apps from here.  I personally trust them but nothing is 100%.  Even the Google play store has been know to have apps with malware in it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Go to APKPur...

I also suggest in the case of downloading APKs from outside the GPS to install malwarebytes and possibly some AVG program for the purposes of scanning the files before installing the program.
Dennis wrote:

Go to APKPur...

Ideal source for any unmodified APKs is APKmirror. They are not a pirate site. None of the APKs hosted there modified in any way.
I am playing Pokémon GO on my Moto G 3rd gen. I can tell you the experience is not ideal. The app requires/refers 2 GB of RAM, which the Moto G 3rd gen offered by Koodo only has 1 GB of RAM. It app is slightly laggy. Also, the Moto G 3rd gen does not have a gyroscope, which is critical for the gameplay. The map in the app will not re-orientate itself based on where you are pointing your phone.  Also, it may be a combination of both factors, but the augmented reality aspect of the game does not work. The app is also a huge battery drain. The battery in the Moto G 3rd gen is not small but not huge either. I can drain the entire battery with about 2 hours of straight gameplay.
My solution to this, I play on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet. I tether it to my phone. This uses minimal battery power on my phone, leaving it accessible when I need it. The Nexus 7 has a larger screen and larger battery. It also has the necessary gyroscope. I find this setup idea because I can play for hours and not have to worry about my battery dying. And even if it does, my phone is still usable.
Alternatively, you can buy an external battery pack. Even the dollar store has decent ones for 3$. They are about the same capacity as the Moto G 3rd gen so you are in a sense doubling your battery for 3$. The only downside is that the phone is still underpowered when it comes to RAM and missing the gyroscope. I love the phone but I did not buy it to game on.