Koodo Community

Community

Question

came from public to koodo they have not ported for two days

came from public to koodo they have not ported my number for two days now. disaster. in limbo with bigus temp no. i am self employed need my number functioning. is there nobody able to help?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you port your number across, did Koodo do that? What number shows in self service, the old temporary number or the ported one?
koodo ported number at store. they recieved an error message. then gave me a random new number temporarily. temp number shows up on self serve
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
nikumandesign@gmail.com wrote:

koodo ported number at store. they recieved an error message. then gave me a random new number te...

Then you may need to initiate the port again. An error message usually indicates to port didi not start.

What happens when you put you Public Mobile SIM in your phone?

koodo ported number at store. they recieved an error message. then gave me a random new number te...

public sim does nothing. the number was cancelled on that end but is in limbo?

customer service on phone now and they claim they cannot help. maybe in three days!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you cancel Public Mobile, did that happen when the number was ported out? Can you still log into PM self service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd advise you to contact Koodo via Facebook or Twitter private message (links are at bottom-right of this page). They'll be able to verify your account ownership and hopefully solve your problem.

koodo sales guy ported and cancelled. i cannot log into pm anymore

koodo sales guy ported and cancelled. i cannot log into pm anymore
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I second Ivan, sounds like something you definitely want to contact Koodo about... you don't want to lose your number. As he said Twitter or Facebook is fast and reliable - make sure you refer to this thread 🙂

twitter or face book? I need real suggestions!

i am in contact with them right now and they are claiming three days to solve this? are there no possible solutions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know it sounds a bit odd, but it is the fastest way to get one on one support... click the white "f" or the Twitter bird underneath this thread in the black bar and send Koodo a private message... you can even create an anonymous account if you don't normally use those services.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they say it takes 3 days to solve I am afraid you might have to wait it out 😞 Usually a port is instant... guess you got the exception where it takes longer 😞

sent message on facebook nobody responded. please help
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Y'know, we're all just customers here. We can offer advice, but have no access to the internal workings of Koodo. Facebook usually generates a reasonably quick, but not instant response. Can I share a secret with you? Telus business plans have a higher level of support for those who need greater certainty of communications. Consumer plans rank further down the list.