Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Called a local number and was being charged for it

I just looked at my bill and I was being charged with a local number I had called the number was from Bell . So I called Koodo to be disrespected and called a liar for saying I called a local area code and number . I am not making up that the man on the phone called me a liar. I clearly asked him if he was and he replied with yes . He also made me feel stupid and ignored my issue. I mean ignored me as well when I continued to ask him questions he wouldn't talk and I could hear typing . I thought he may have been looking something up to help me no ! He just said what else can I help you with and tried to change the subject . So much So I hung up the phone on him . For he refused to help me figure out the charge when it was a local number I called . So I contacted Bell and they told me that I shouldn't have been charged for that call and that it was a local area . I don't feel I was treated right and that your employees need to respect your customers and not talk to them like that . I just wanted to know how a local call could have been charged.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Summer

You're on prepaid? Maybe you were outside your calling area which made it to be a long distance. Exemple, I am in Vancouver and I call Toronto. Even if Toronto is my local area, I'm still in Vancouver and the call will be a long distance.
No Monthly . With unlimited Canada wide after 5 pm and 250 mins . The call was made at 5:34 pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have Canada wide, the you shouldn't be charged for the call. Whom were you calling? Friend? A business? 1800 number?
A business it was local. the same area code as my number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you went over your 250 allocated minutes? Because it's the only way I see you could've been charged for it
Userlevel 1
Robert wrote:

Have you went over your 250 allocated minutes? Because it's the only way I see you could've been ...

If you're in Vancouver and you dial a Vancouver number the call is local, doesn't matter if you have a Toronto-based number.  That's what roaming is all about - local calling being determined by your physical location relative to that of the number you are calling.  It should work both ways, and it's a travesty that it doesn't - dialing someone standing across the road from you but having the call end up being long-distance because that person has a number based in another city is simply a money-grab.

If you have unlimited Canada-wide calling after 5pm and made this call after 5pm, it doesn't matter how many free minutes your plan comes with or how many of them you've used.  The charge for the call probably wasn't that much; of bigger concern is how you were treated when you called in for an explanation - totally unacceptable and deserving of an explanation, not just a hollow apology of someone saying that they're sorry you were treated poorly.  Unfortunately, you can't get that on this forum.
Userlevel 7
Does your bill show you being charged for that call in particular or are you just seeing charges.
No I hadn't . Thats why I called koodo and the man on the phone never gave me any answers
Yes just that call
Userlevel 7
sea Lopez wrote:

Yes just that call

Is there a billing code or something next to the call on your bill.
sea Lopez wrote:

Yes just that call

The number I called was area code and number which was local. I also checked my phone history and that was the number I dieled but on my bill 4 numbers were added to the front of the area code 3073
Userlevel 7
sea Lopez wrote:

Yes just that call

I recommend you call customer service again and act as if you've never called before. Unfortunately I can't see your account since I'm just a customer. That's probably the only way you'll get any satisfaction
Userlevel 5
Hello Summer! Please note that the service that you describe in no way reflects the kind of customer service that we stand for. It will be my pleasure to look into this for you, however I do not have access to your account through the Community. Can you please send us a detailed e-mail on this secured link http://koo.do/11eMLdy and choose "Social Media" as a category? We will be more than happy to assist you!