Koodo Community
Question

call display+ compaatible phones

• 10 June 2019
  • 8 replies

Can you provide a list of mobile phones compatible with call display+?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call Display+ should be available on all phones with regular call display
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call Display+ should be available on all phones with regular call display
So all phones?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Call Display+ should be available on all phones with regular call displaySo all phones?

Ahaha.... yes all phones 😛
I had a google pixel xl and I would see name and phone number.
I got today lg g7+ thinQ and the I can only see phone number with no name.

The pixel xl has android 9.0 while the lg g7+ thinQ has android 8.

Could that be the reason? Considering the lg g7+ thinQ is a newer version than the pixel xl.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had a google pixel xl and I would see name and phone number.
I got today lg g7+ thinQ and the I can only see phone number with no name.

The pixel xl has android 9.0 while the lg g7+ thinQ has android 8.

Could that be the reason? Considering the lg g7+ thinQ is a newer version than the pixel xl.

Who was the caller carrier?
if the callers were Fido/Rogers or some land lines, their names might show up. Also, If you save your contact numbers in your phone (normally you can synchronize with google contact with android phone), their names should show up with the number.
As I said after I switched the phone from pixel XL to Lg g7 the caller name doesn't appear for all calls and only the phone number is displayed. While with the Pixel XL the phone displays both name and phone number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As I said after I switched the phone from pixel XL to Lg g7 the caller name doesn't appear for all calls and only the phone number is displayed. While with the Pixel XL the phone displays both name and phone number.

The Pixel XL name display isn't different from the LG G7

We have been here for a while and see many cases of phone/name display issue. I would suggest you are using the same Google Account with Google contact on the 2 devices and see if the difference exist.
I use the same google account and this issue isn't related to the contacts.

Before on pixel xl the name and phone number of the caller would appear on the display while after switching to lgg7 the name and phone number appear only if the caller in my contact list however if the caller is not on my contact list only the phone number appears.