Koodo Community

Community

Solved

call barring

Userlevel 3
Need the password to enable call barring. I keep getting dinged for US calls but I only call people in Canada. I have an S3.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
What exactly is asking you for a password?
Userlevel 3
Tap Phone. Tap the Menu key. On pop up menu select Call settings. Tap Additional settings. Tap Call barring. Tap Voice call If I then try to bar I international calling it asks for a password. I tried the last 4 digits of my phone number. 0000, 1111, 5555, 9999, 1234. It still wont enable. 😞
Userlevel 7
The default password is 0000. If someone changed it then it may be impossible to figure out. Are you the original owner? Edit: I'm seeing that sometimes a carrier may change this password. Unless someone who works for koodo knows the password (if it's a standard password amongst devicrs) you'll need to call koodo to get it.
Userlevel 3
I'm the original owner. I'll give them a shout in a bit and report back
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call barring is not supported by Koodo's systems. No matter how many passwords you try, it isn't going to work.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Call barring is not supported by Koodo's systems. No matter how many passwords you try, it isn't...

Well there ya go. Can the user call in and have international calls blocked?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Call barring is not supported by Koodo's systems. No matter how many passwords you try, it isn't...

Koodo can only block international calls to numbers which are outside the north american numbering plan. You will still be able to call these countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan#NANP_countries_and_territories
Why the hell don't they support call barring?