Koodo Community
Question

Call back from Koodo while in USA

While in the USA, if I receive a call from Koodo regarding an issue I am questioning, will I be charged for that call?

13 replies

Badge +4
If I dial 4545 and text 10TNT - how do I know that TNT isacivated?
From the earlier link, if you TEXT 4545, you apparently will get a text back from Koodo saying whether it was activated or not. If you don't receive a text back I would say it's not even available anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You simply cannot add that add-on, because the add-on was no longer available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did not send a text or talk on your phone, then it must be data leakage in the background that triggered the easy roam.

How do you know no data was used? GO to settings>Connections>Data usage
From here you can narrow down to see when data was used.

Do you data roaming enabled?
DO you ever turn off your phone or restart it? This can cause background data leakage even if data or data roaming is turned off
Badge +4
Yes, if you don't think any data was used and didn't send a text or make/answered a call. They will be able to tell you what happened to incur the charges.
There was no data used. Should I have them review my acct. can they tell by the dates that the charges were incurred?
Thats for the link for TNT. I will check that.
Badge +4
You were probably charged easy roam rate because of data usage. Receiving texts or calls does not activate an easy roam charge. Sending texts or making/answering a call will activate it.

Not sure if the 30TNT or 10 TNT are even available any more. You could send Koodo a message on Facebook or Twitter to ask. Here is a thread with text codes to enable those add ons if they are around. Make sure to remove easy roam from your account if you try texting.

https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/how-to-add-30tnt-while-in-the-usa-7583601
I am in USA and want to ask about 30TNT or 10TNT. I have easy roam (want to turn it off) because have been charged $24 this month for 2texts/1 call that were sent to me but I did not respond because I did not text or call on that phone . Now I have it in airplane mode.
With the chat line - they need a call back number to discuss issues. Otherwise it’s just a hat and I cannot discuss my issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always call Koodo for free if you use Skype with a toll-free number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had logged on my acct and went on the chat site with my question. They had scheduled a callback time.I was waiting for a call back
Are you in the US right now?
DO you have easy roam enabled?

WHat do you need to speak with Koodo about? Maybe we can address it here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can either request a call back for a voip canadianbnumber to not incur charges or communicate via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter.
I had logged on my acct and went on the chat site with my question. They had scheduled a callback time.I was waiting for a call back
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you talk while in the US you will incur roaming charges.

How do you know it was koodo who called?