Koodo Community

Community

Solved

buying moto x play

How much will it be if I buy the moto x play without the tab? I currently have a tab that isn't paid off, can I buy the moto x play without paying off the tab and buy it separately at retail price? Will I still get the $100 bonus.gift if I buy with the no sim option? Is it 410+tax, can you tell me total price?

13 replies

Userlevel 1
The Moto X Play will be $410 by itself and you are able to buy it for that much.

No you will no get the $100 promo if you're just buying it that is only available on a tab charge option or a no tab which means just upgrading without taking a tab charge.

I would recommend just upgrading and getting it on the tab charge as that may be the best option in your scenario since all retailers are offering it for $360 on a tab where you save $50 upfront and the nice promotional $100.gift.
Janul S wrote:

The Moto X Play will be $410 by itself and you are able to buy it for that much.

No you will ...

I have the old tab that pays off by 10% of your monthly bill. It will be be paid off in 3 years, Can I get tab charge if I have the old tab?
Userlevel 1
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Give koodo a call to see how much you have left and yes you can use the same plan and just add on the tab charge for the new moto x.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Yes it's only if you put the phone on the tab but also the bonus.gift is for new activations only so you will not get it unless your opening a new line separate for that phone on top of your present line, that or if your a new customer which you are not.
Userlevel 1
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Partially correct. Currently many retailers are offering the bonus.gift on upgrades as well such as Best Buy and Walmart.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Do they have the Moto X Play available for purchase at those locations? As far as I know they don't and it's only available at Koodo kiosks which is why I stated what I did.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Just found out that best buy actually started selling it today so if you can find it at a best buy location near you and they are offering a bonus then yes it's available on upgrades as well with them.
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Can I buy it without tab and get bonus at best buy?
Userlevel 5
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

You will have to check with BestBuy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janul S wrote:

No you will ...

Buy as an upgrade automatically means settling your old tab. Considering the crazy way Motorola has priced some their items, it may actually be cheaper to clear your old tab and buy it at the upgrade price. Check out the following pricing:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/moto-x-play-is-it-unlocked-and-can-a-prepaid-user-buy...

Userlevel 6
Hi there, I just want to bring a few clarifications. The first thing is not all our phones are available without a Tab. You'll really need to check with the store first if they can sell it to you upfront. New models like the Moto X Play probably won't be available. Furthermore, it they do sell it upfront, note that a premium (usually $50) will always apply on top of the retail price, same as if you were buying a prepaid phone. 
The second important information is that you will need to pay off your current Tab, whether you decide to get the new phone with a Tab or not. 
I hope it's more clear! Thank you!

Yannick wrote:

Hi there, I just want to bring a few clarifications. The first thing is not all our phones are av...

Question:
If one could buy it outright, will it be locked to Koodo or Unlocked?
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, I just want to bring a few clarifications. The first thing is not all our phones are av...

Every phone except Nexus devices are locked to the carrier you buy it from. However if you're buying it unsubsidized you can request an unlock immediately for $35 from Koodo.