Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Buying a phone for my parents: would the Galaxy S3 or the Moto E 2015 be a better choice?

I'm buying a phone for my parents and can't decide between the S3 and the Moto E. My parents have never owned a smartphone and know nothing about them. The S3 looks better in terms of specs, but it's so old! Its big screen may be better for my ageing parents, but I feel that the OS of the Moto E is simpler and more user-friends (I've owned an S2 and felt like Samsung's OS was sometimes uselessly complicated). Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
With the s3 I believe touchwiz includes easy mode which may be easier for the never had a Smartphone bunch.
Oh cool! I didn't know this feature existed. Thanks!
i buy sell and fix phones i would strongly recommend the gS3 it is alot easier to use and bigger letters / numbers and simple for the older flip style generation to get use to
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trevor Hachey wrote:

i buy sell and fix phones i would strongly recommend the gS3 it is alot easier to use and bigger ...

Good to know. Lots of us don't have the type of xray vision and tiny fingers that the assemblers overseas feel comfortable with. 😉 Easy-to-use without going "simpleton" is a very common request.