Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Buying a Moto G Prepaid

I want to buy a prepaid phone (Moto G). The website says it's only available in store, so I checked for a list of local stores. I went to the store, and they have the phone in stock, but won't sell it to me as a prepaid phone. How do I get this phone?

12 replies

Userlevel 4
There's no reason why they would deny the prepaid sale on the Moto G unless they were out of stock(or if some of them were reserved). The thing is though instead of paying $150.00 for the Moto G, prepaid customers must pay $200.00 for the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did they say why? There is no difference between a prepaid Moto G or a monthly plan Moto G. They should sell it to you.
Userlevel 3
Was this The Mobile Shop?
Userlevel 7
Bill Melater wrote:

We don't sell Koodo prepaid. Only postpaid.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

Good to know. Every day I gain a wealth of information from this Koodo board.
There's no local dedicated Koodo store where I live. The Koodo website said the local Walmart sells prepaid phones, but when I went there, the clerk said they could only give me this phone on a monthly plan. I'm OK with paying the $200 retail price, but I only want the base prepaid plan, plus a couple of booster add-ons for minutes and data. It's quite frustrating.
Userlevel 3
Patrick Ryan wrote:

There's no local dedicated Koodo store where I live. The Koodo website said the local Walmart sel...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/p/buy-and-sell-phones/moto-g?CatId=132
Userlevel 4
Ohh! I see! Walmart doesn't carry our Prepaid sim cards, so thats why they weren't able to sell you the phone as prepaid. Walmart does have prepaid phones, but very select few and those come with simcards already. The only way to get it is to be buying it online(unlocked, mind you) and finding a way to get a prepaid sim card into it. Without a dedicated Koodo store, its going to be more difficult to find a prepaid sim. I would suggest looking on Ebay because, really, ebay has everything. But, unfortunately, that would be the only way to do so.
Matthew wrote:

Ohh! I see! Walmart doesn't carry our Prepaid sim cards, so thats why they weren't able to se...

OK, that makes a little more sense, although I don't know why it has to be this complicated. The nearest Koodo store is 4-5 hours away. It shouldn't be that difficult to have just one local store equipped to help a customer who's willing to pay. I do appreciate the responses, everyone. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matthew wrote:

Ohh! I see! Walmart doesn't carry our Prepaid sim cards, so thats why they weren't able to se...

What about Telus? They also sell the Moto G and unlocking it is very cheap ($5 on eBay).
Hi. I have a monthly koodo plan, with a moto g, satisfied. I would like to buy a moto g for my son, would like to have the same device but initially (at least for first year) want him on a prepaid account, and move to a plan later. How can I achieve this with Koodo? The solutions above seem like annoying work arounds. Can I simply go to the Koodo kiosk and make this happen?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hugh Bertus wrote:

Hi. I have a monthly koodo plan, with a moto g, satisfied. I would like to buy a moto g for my so...

I'd second John's suggestion below.