Koodo Community

Community

Buy phone without changing plan? My current plan was a promo.

I'm trying to buy the LG V30. I have a $50 with 2GB of data plan (it was a promo they had over Christmas or something a few years ago) that I had a tab medium on (paid it off). I understand I can't get it on tab large without upgrading to a large plan. But I looked at getting it on a tab medium and it wants me to select the current plans. I don't want those. I want to keep mine. It's FAR better deal and I'm not interested in giving it up. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should have no problem keeping your plan, are you logging into your Koodo account and then from there entering the webstore and selecting the phone you want to upgrade to.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You should have no problem keeping your plan, are you logging into your Koodo account and then fr...

Oh thanks. It seems that I had to clear the shopping cart, log out of my account and then back in and then it showed my current plan. 
Same problem, but logging out and clearing and such did nothing. I'm trying to upgrade my phone to a Note 8 -- but it flips back and forth between pricing and offers no way to check out besides picking a new (much more expensive) plan.  

If we're to do business, y'all gotta meet me halfway here   :-)

Will I be able to upgrade to this phone? What must I do?

- Elaine
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Elaine Miller wrote:

Same problem, but logging out and clearing and such did nothing. I'm trying to upgrade my phone t...

What plan do you currently have and what tab size are you trying to purchase the Note 8 on?
Userlevel 6
Elaine Miller wrote:

Same problem, but logging out and clearing and such did nothing. I'm trying to upgrade my phone t...

Just to add, the entry point for Tab M is now $45. If you have a $40 rate plan, it may ask you to change it to an in-market rate plan.
Elaine Miller wrote:

I have a $45 plan, which is fine for me.

Choosing Tab large It tries to get me into a 75$ plan, which is way more than I need, and offers no options nor explanations around keeping my plan.

When I change the Tab amount, I see other options... but this is absolutely not apparent when one is clicking through at first.

I almost gave up entirely yesterday. I'm seeing a lot of frustration on Twitter and forums. I think your site-usability design goof-ups could be losing you business.  (I used to be in IT/design)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Elaine Miller wrote:

If you want to use Tab L, then you have to switch your plan to one of Tab L plan 
 You can use Tab M f you want to keep your $45 plan.