Koodo Community

Community

Bring the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact!


Userlevel 1
It's a solid android phone without a huge screen size. A lot better than current mini alternatives. Bring the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact! It has a great form factor and provides a sturdy alternative to the iPhone.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Because Sony handset sales are doing so well.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/world/sony-warns-of-dollar214-bln-annual-loss-blames-mobile-unit-1
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Because Sony handset sales are doing so well.

[url=http://news.xin.msn.com/en/world/sony-warns-o...

That is due to them not aggressively marketing in the US or Canada. They have focused on their main market (Europe). That said, their brand as a whole is reputable. Also, quite a lot of phones use a Sony camera lens for a reason.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Because Sony handset sales are doing so well.

[url=http://news.xin.msn.com/en/world/sony-warns-o...

I don't see your point Chad. Motorola and HTC haven't been doing well either, but we were in favour of their addition to the lineup.
Hey Nicolas - what features attract you to this specific phone? Waterproof? Small/compact size? Brand? General specs?
Userlevel 1
Small compact size while having great performance, micro SD, superb battery life and camera + waterproof. It has a full complete package that other mini phones don't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicolas wrote:

Small compact size while having great performance, micro SD, superb battery life and camera + wat...

I don't disagree, but in order for this phone to be successful the price has to be right. It has to have a solid mid-range price ($300-400).
Userlevel 1
Nicolas wrote:

Small compact size while having great performance, micro SD, superb battery life and camera + wat...

I am all for a cheaper price, but I truly think its one of the only phones in its size that provides almost no compromise. I personally can't wait to use a phone in one hand again.
Userlevel 6
Nicolas wrote:

Small compact size while having great performance, micro SD, superb battery life and camera + wat...

I personally can't wait to use a phone in one hand again.

I see your point, Nicolas, and agree to some extent. The whole market, however sad it may be, disagrees. Even Apple itself had to move to bigger screens after their own surveys shown that people wanted what they did not have. While I'd warmly welcome such an addition to the lineup, the likelyhood of it happening is slim.
Userlevel 1
Nicolas wrote:

Small compact size while having great performance, micro SD, superb battery life and camera + wat...

There is a reason Apple is still selling the iPhone 5s and 5c. I have heard from many current iPhone users that they are not looking forward to the big size. This is reflected in the pre-orders. Either people go for very big iPhone 6 plus or prefer current form factor. Only time will tell 😉
Nicolas wrote:

Small compact size while having great performance, micro SD, superb battery life and camera + wat...

Also, many people with small hands want smaller phones, but it is hard to find one with good specs that is also small, like this one.
will the 5803 model work on koodo
Userlevel 2
You can now order this phone direct from Sony.ca and it is unlocked.
I'm thinking about leaving Koodo because they don't have this phone, or other good small, smartphones with long battery life. Does anyone know if this phone is available with any carrier except Bell?
Userlevel 7
susannah.tysor wrote:

I'm thinking about leaving Koodo because they don't have this phone, or other good small, smartph...

Just buy it from Bell and have them unlock it. Then you ca use it here. If they won't sell it outright, get a friend with bell to buy it for you and pay them.
susannah.tysor wrote:

I'm thinking about leaving Koodo because they don't have this phone, or other good small, smartph...

That's a lot more expensive that using my Koodo tab or signing up with a new service that gives you a deal on a phone for signing up for a 2/yr contract.
Userlevel 7
susannah.tysor wrote:

I'm thinking about leaving Koodo because they don't have this phone, or other good small, smartph...

I'm not sure if you're aware but the tab has changed and koodo no longer contributes to new tabs. The entire cost of your device is paid by you via 24 payments (2yrs) at a max of 360$ without having to change your current plan. this is on top of your plan. If you have positive tab balance now you can use that towards a new phone but going forward, there is no more positive tab either. They also offer a 500$ option that you pay back but you have to change your plan for that too.

Reply