Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bring own phone and only get a sim card?

I currently have a samsung note 2 and have -203.15 on tab medium. I want to upgrade my phone to a iPhone 5s but I don't want to pay off my remaining tab. could I buy a phone and have it unlocked, then bring it to koodo and they could just give me a sim card for it and keep the remaining tab balance without paying it off first and keep the same plan? Thank you:)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, provided you buy the phone from a 3rd party - but I guess that is what you meant, because you mentioned unlocking it 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Yes, provided you buy the phone from a 3rd party - but I guess that is what you meant, because yo...

So there would be absolutely no charges or fees?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Yes, provided you buy the phone from a 3rd party - but I guess that is what you meant, because yo...

With the scenario you mentioned above? No, none at all Jordan. It will be as if nothing ever happened, Koodo wise 🙂
Sophia wrote:

You may have to spend $10 for a new sim if you are getting a new sim from Koodo. If you have them register the sim/new phone at the store they may charge you a fee as well. If you do the sim change/phone register via online it should be free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

If you buy a sim card from Koodo shop, they usually offer you to upgrade it at the spot. I never get charged for it. Also I have to tell them I want to do it by myself almost every time 🙂 So you can ask them if they charge you for it if they upgrade your new sim at a store.
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Hi there, we'll do it for free on the spot! And a new SIM card would only cost $5 🙂 Enjoy your new phone Jordan!