Koodo Community

Community

Bring in Oppo and Huawei smartphones

Userlevel 6
This are extremely popular low priced mid range smartphones in the USA. Major carriers down there are offering this types of phones. I think it would definitely bring in more choices for potential customers.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
The Ascend series are absolutely amazing smartphones. I can't believe one of them is actually waterproof.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don wrote:

The Ascend series are absolutely amazing smartphones. I can't believe one of them is actually wat...

Had an Ascend P1. Great phone. Build quality is not top notch, but it's on par with Samsung. Can't beat them in value (except for the Nexus 4).
Userlevel 1
Don wrote:

The Ascend series are absolutely amazing smartphones. I can't believe one of them is actually wat...

Did you see the D2 ? Waterproof and metal casing... A HTC One and Samsung Rugby all in one O.o
Just because something is popular in the States doesn't mean it'll be popular in Canada. Let's take the INQ for example. Was very popular over the UK and Koodo carried it. Both the 3g and the Cloud Touch. It ended up being a joke of a phone that did poorly. It's very risky to introduce a new type of phone into a population that has never used it or seen it. You can't exactly do a test to see if people would be willing to use the phone either. I don't think Koodo is about to try another risk, only to have it turn out like the INQ.
Userlevel 1
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Just because something is popular in the States doesn't mean it'll be popular in Canada. Let's ta...

I love it when people talk in the name of a company they do not work for.
Userlevel 1
Well, it's not completely alien to the market, Wind has Huawei phones.
huawei makes great phones, i take one when o need a new one, a well a slider with same specs as smart phone would be nice, the gravity sucks.
I have long considered some of the imported (Aliexpress, Focalprice, DX) phones from China. Jordan (http://community.koodomobile.com/people/jordenclarke?utm_content=profile_link) was kind enough to give exact frequencies and for about $200 US you can get something that is technically on par with a Samsung Note 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Has anyone had one and dealt with the warranty of these devices from these companies?
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Has anyone had one and dealt with the warranty of these devices from these companies?

Can't be worst than samsung Canada xD. Thank God Samsung France exists...