Koodo Community

Community

Break down data usage with more detail

Recently I received a text warning me that I had used WAY more data than usual. When I logged onto Koodo to my account, I found that I was only able to see which days I had used big blocks of data and also what time this occurred. I wanted to see which websites / apps were being used but this information was not available. I checked my phone's browsing history and tried to piece the picture together. For two of the dates, I showed history but nothing that would account for that much data being used. For the third date, there was no browsing history at all. So I have no idea what I could do differently to avoid these over charges.
I would like to see a further breakdown of where the data was used for any chunk of data larger than 5 MB installed as a further pop down on the data usage info screen. I realize this could create privacy issues but perhaps you could have an opt in or out option. I  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings>Wireless & Networks>Data Usage You can see what apps were using your data
This only shows that most of the data used was on Chrome. I would like to know which website on Chrome the data was used on.
Userlevel 5
Colleen wrote:

This only shows that most of the data used was on Chrome. I would like to know which website on C...

Usually sites that have many images and videos and animations will use more data than sites that are more simple and more heavy text.