Koodo Community

Community

Bought the Nexus 6p and works great with Koodo.

Userlevel 2
Well, since Koodo won't be carrying the Nexus 6p.  I bought it from Google store as an upgrade from my Nexus 5.  Activated it on the self serve and all is good.  Just a side note for anyone that buys the phone.  It requires a Nano sim card, which is smaller then the Micro Sim card.  And on my device page.  It lists the device as "Unknown".  But it works great.  Any questions about the phone.  Just ask.  I'll be happy and try to answer them.  :-)

24 replies

Userlevel 5
Great,  glad to hear you are Happy with your new phone.
I am unable to send MMS since switching to my nexus 6p. Do you have the same issue?
Userlevel 7
Dustin Blais wrote:

I am unable to send MMS since switching to my nexus 6p. Do you have the same issue?

You might need to make sure APN settings are input correctly.
Dustin Blais wrote:

They all appear correct.
Userlevel 7
Dustin Blais wrote:

If you don't mind posting a screenshot of your APN settings page so one of us could confirm they're correct, that would help.

Also make sure data is turned on. If you need to edit your settings, try rebooting the device to refresh the APN connection.
Dustin Blais wrote:

Userlevel 2
Just curious, I see that you do not have the Tethering settings. If you want to have the tethering feature, and if Nexus 6S supports that, perhaps that should be an option
Userlevel 6
Your first proxy and port are not set.
They are the same as your MMS ones.

74.49.0.18 and port 80
Thanks, but after making the changes I am still unable to send. Yes my data is on. BTW, what I have found on koodo about APN settings are that hose two fields were left blank.
Userlevel 2
Dustin Blais wrote:

Thanks, but after making the changes I am still unable to send. Yes my data is on. BTW, what I ha...

Mine works fine Dustin.  Not sure where your problem lies.
Userlevel 2
Dustin Blais wrote:

Thanks, but after making the changes I am still unable to send. Yes my data is on. BTW, what I ha...

Your APN TYPE is not correct. I believe that's your problem. Here are my settings.

Dustin Blais wrote:

Hi Ernie, Did you purchase the Nano Sim card at your Koodo outlet ? I just received my 6P yesterday, and am very much looking forward to using it!  Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Dustin Blais wrote:

Yup, I went to Best Buy.  Got the Nano sim for $5
Userlevel 6
Dustin Blais wrote:

jc you are prepaid though right?
Not the same sim.
Dustin Blais wrote:

Hey Dustin,

Have you figured out MMS problem yet? I'm having same issue, can't send or receive pictures via hangouts. However, when I switched to stock SMS app it seems to work(although it takes a very long time to send, could it be the higher quality camera/image?).

I'd prefer to use hangouts if anybody knows what I need to do to fix?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Userlevel 2
Ya. Monthly is $5 don't know why prepaid has to pay more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ernie MacDonald wrote:

Ya. Monthly is $5 don't know why prepaid has to pay more.

Prepaid SIM gives credit of $20 to new accounts, so net price to new user is zero. They can sometimes be found on ebay.ca for less than $20 up front.

But it does suck if you need a different size, your SIM goes bad /expires and you are just maintaining the same account.
Thanks All, Koodo Micro Sim $5 at the Kiosk, the 6P is working nicely 🙂 ...
and then some :))
Userlevel 2
Yes The Nexus 6p takes a Nano Sim card.
How is the battery on the phone? Very much considering switching to the 6p from my iphone 5. 
Richard Yelland wrote:

How is the battery on the phone? Very much considering switching to the 6p from my iphone 5. 

Also... are the nexus prices through the google store plus tax? I don't seem to see any mention of taxes unless they are holding it until the last possible page after you enter your credit card info.
Userlevel 7
Richard Yelland wrote:

It's pretty good. I've been getting at least 4 hours of screen on time, standby time while it's sitting on a table is excellent thanks to Doze, and the USB Type C plug/adapter kit included outputs 3A, so it charges from empty to full in just over an hour. It also helps with quick boosts; ie. you can get around 4 hours of usage from 10 or 15 minutes charging. Also, yes, it's taxes extra. It's Canada. 2 things are certain: death and taxes...