Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bought prepaid sim card, successfully activated it but I can only make 'emergency calls only"

Hi everyone, I just bought a new standard prepaid koodo sim card yesterday, which I successfully registered and activated, and I used the $20 activate bonus to buy the $15 unlimited texts and a $5 call booster. However, I cannot receive or send texts, or make or receive calls, my phone screen says 'emergency calls only' even though I have full signal and my profile on the koodo website says my service status is 'active'. I'm from Ireland staying in Canada for the summer, and I unlocked my Irish phone to allow me to use the koodo sim card. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4.2.2, and I have tried everything from removing the sim, restarting the phone, making sure I'm not using a 2G network etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't think of any reason as to why the card isn't working!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Can you please provide the actual model number of your s4? It's located under the battery. And I'm assuming your S4 is unlocked?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried rebooting the phone or pulling the battery and sim for a few mins and trying again?
The phone model is GT-S7580, and yep its been unlocked. I've tried rebooting the phone a few times but that hasn't worked
Userlevel 7
Stephen wrote:

The phone model is GT-S7580, and yep its been unlocked. I've tried rebooting the phone a few time...

This device is the Samsung Galaxy Trend and it is not compatible with Koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stephen wrote:

The phone model is GT-S7580, and yep its been unlocked. I've tried rebooting the phone a few time...

Chad--- how do you keep a least one eye on the road while looking up all these solutions? They are much-appreciated 😉
Userlevel 7
Stephen wrote:

Down time
Userlevel 6
Stephen wrote:

A Google Self-Driving truck maybe? 😉