Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bought extra data by accident

My phone "pocket-purchased" extra data that I don't need and can't afford. Calling customer service is a $10 charge. Can I remove the extra purchase myself?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Monika Corbett, I'm not sure if you can even remove it at all, you can try sending Koodo a private message to their FB page or Twitter account where they can verify your account and see if its possible but I don't think it is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, calling Koodo about those things won't cost you 10$. You understood it wrong. Koodo will charge you if you call them to do something you can't do by yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Also, calling Koodo about those things won't cost you 10$. You understood it wrong. Koodo will ch...

"You may be charged" is what I last remember hearing.
Robert wrote:

Also, calling Koodo about those things won't cost you 10$. You understood it wrong. Koodo will ch...

"You will be charged" is what I heard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Monika, pay-per-use data cannot be removed from accounts. Looks like some data of the extra purchase was already used as well. You could send us a Facebook message at the end of your bill cycle and we can take a look at your account, but I wouldn't want to promise anything. I would recommend looking at our current promo that would double your included data per month at no extra cost. You can change plans for free online, or we can do it for you for a $10 service fee.  
Bernard wrote:

@Monika, pay-per-use data cannot be removed from accounts. Looks like some data of the ext...

I stopped by the koodo booth in my mall and they explained the $10 service charge more clearly than the phone message did, so I called in and explained the situation. Since I only used such a small amount of the data and it's so close to the end of my bill cycle the rep on the phone credited me for the data charge and helpfully changed me to to the better plan. Thank you.