Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bonus gift card boxing day?

At black friday I went ahead and took a plan with the +1GB, but I didn't bother buy a phone. Now that I see that the Galaxy S6 Edge has a bonus.gift card of 200$, Can i just pick up that phone with tab plus? I mean how does this even work it's so confusing. with normal tab its not worth it but, with tab plus id buy it right now if I could. But I read its for new activation. I mean I didn't pick a phone with my plan am I considered new activation?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
As a current customer you would not qualify
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And anything on a Tab Plus plan is "not worth it".  You would pay more over 2 years for the same plan.
Dennis wrote:

And anything on a Tab Plus plan is "not worth it".  You would pay more over 2 years for the ...

not really, i mean look at the Edge S6 with normal tab plan ( 500+15$x24) = 860 -200.gift card = 660$

and tab plus its ( 100+21$x24)= 604 - 200.gift card = 404$

so ill save more with tab plus no?
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

And anything on a Tab Plus plan is "not worth it".  You would pay more over 2 years for the ...

Except you forgot to include the extra cost associated with a Tab Plus plan. You cant keep your existing plan on Tab Plus. You're going to be paying at least $54/month BEFORE the $21 tab charge and that only gets you 500MB.