Koodo Community
Question

Bluetooth Misc

• 6 August 2019
  • 3 replies

So i had a LG G4 and the Bluetooth wasn't working. Every time i opened Bluetooth, it would show a bunch of devices with the name "Misc". I tried googling a bunch of different solutions ie Factory Reset, wiping the cache etc etc. But nothing works. So i opted to buy a new phone. Now i have the LG G7 and the problem persists from day 1! Anyone have any inkling on how to fix this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
When you mentioned you searched for bluetooth, I am assuming you wanted to connect to a device? Was your bluetooth device showed up and connected (paired) properly?

"Misc" is likely a bluetooth device but it does not allow you to pair with it.
No matter which bluetooth device i try to pair it to, the name of the device doesnt even show up on the list, it is just Misc. infact, if i isolate myself in an area with zero bluetooth connections and open up bluetooth, there will still be a dozen or so "Misc" devices shown. Even trying to connect with these "Misc" devices, it tries for a second then says cannot pair with this device
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No matter which bluetooth device i try to pair it to, the name of the device doesnt even show up on the list, it is just Misc. infact, if i isolate myself in an area with zero bluetooth connections and open up bluetooth, there will still be a dozen or so "Misc" devices shown. Even trying to connect with these "Misc" devices, it tries for a second then says cannot pair with this device
I saw misc too but when i clicked search, the devices will show up. Below is my Bluetooth snapshot.

I would suggest you try to click search in the g7 and click pair on the Bluetooth device. Hopefully it will work. If not you might have to reset to the factory settings and/or check with LG Canada.