Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Blocking junk mail

Why am I getting so much junk mail on my android, its so annoying that I have turned my wifi completely off. Isn't there a way to block the junk mail and only receive the emails that come through my email inbox?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Who is your email provider? Usually there is a setting for spam and you can filter keywords to go into your spam folder too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have an Android, chances are you have a Gmail address as well. What you could do is set up Gmail to fetch your "regular" mails, I find they have an excellent spam filter and manage to weed out 99.9% of all my unwanted messages 🙂 What is your regular email server? If you are interested, I could talk you through setting that up for you 🙂
I do not want yet another email box to look after, I have 3 already...Yahoo is amazing and so is icloud, so the only other one that may be the problem is my Fastmail.fm account and sibce it is a free one, not sure if it will have a spam filter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Debbi Slaven wrote:

I do not want yet another email box to look after, I have 3 already...Yahoo is amazing and so is ...

You have to log into your fastmail.fm account on your browser and adjust your junk settings from there. Depending on the email account level you have, there are different levels of spam filtering available to you https://www.fastmail.fm/help/signup_account_levels.html
Debbi Slaven wrote:

I do not want yet another email box to look after, I have 3 already...Yahoo is amazing and so is ...

I know, but they want you to pay which I am not prepared to accept.
Still I do not understand how the fastmail.fm got my phone number? I don't understand how it works but I can only change my spam settings by paying extra...next time it is full and they notify me I am going to let it close. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Debbi Slaven wrote:

Still I do not understand how the fastmail.fm got my phone number? I don't understand how it wo...

I highly suggest Gmail. It's free, has a lot of functionality and is integrated around Android. Gmail is the most widely used web-based email provider in the world
Userlevel 2
Debbi Slaven wrote:

Still I do not understand how the fastmail.fm got my phone number? I don't understand how it wo...

It wouldn't have gotten your phone number. It would of been your email address. The phone is simple a device that downloads the emails from your email account.
So how is it tied to my email accounts, by name?
Userlevel 2
Debbi Slaven wrote:

So how is it tied to my email accounts, by name?

How is what tied to your email accounts?
Userlevel 2
Debbi Slaven, guess what I found a quick tutorial. Screenshots were taken from gmail.com . Just follow the steps from there. You might like to do it from your computer not from your phone. It´s simple, at the end of each email there is a hyperlink where you can unsubscribe. http://www.wikihow.com/Unsubscribe-from-Spam
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

Debbi Slaven, guess what I found a quick tutorial. Screenshots were taken from gmail.com . Just...

Ack! Hitting a link in true spam mail is usually the SUREST thing to get even more spam... you're only letting the spammer know your mail address is live 😞