Koodo Community

block incoming international calls

I'm sick of these spam phone calls, I would like to [b]block incoming calls from outside of Canada.  is this possible?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sadly, no. You might be able to find an app to help you, but mostly, incoming calls are incoming calls, you can't block them on Koodo's level I'm afraid.
Sadly, no. You might be able to find an app to help you, but mostly, incoming calls are incoming ...Thanks, that was the feeling I was getting going through the website.  It's more of a nuisance really but can be a real a** pain when the kid is sleeping and stuff like that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sadly, no. You might be able to find an app to help you, but mostly, incoming calls are incoming ...You can use the app called "mr number" to block numbers starting with certain digits.
Sadly, no. You might be able to find an app to help you, but mostly, incoming calls are incoming ...Looked at the app, reviews are showing a lot of long time users not finding it as effective anymore, will keep an eye out for similar apps
Userlevel 1
On Androids you can just tap and hold on the number and click block/report spam.
On Androids you can just tap and hold on the number and click block/report spam. Yeah unfortunately the numbers mutate slightly each time, I still block them but there's always a new one ready
Badge +4
Here is an app that might interest you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vladlee.easyblacklist
Here is an app that might interest you.

[url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.v...
Thanks, this one is getting much better reviews than mr.number. will give it a shot thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You might want to change your number if that continues. You probably shared your number somewhere on the internet which explains why you are getting those calls.
You might want to change your number if that continues. You probably shared your number somewhere...Have considered it but reluctant to go thru the hassle and have it continue on a new number. Curious to know where it came from usually fairly selective about handing it out but I guess it doesn't take much. If it continues I think I will try the change thanks for your reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You might want to change your number if that continues. You probably shared your number somewhere...The only number on which I get occasional telemarketing calls is my landline of 15 years. None of the other 4 lines associated with my household get spam calls. You may have better success with a new number using the newest area codes, as they are more likely to be a fresh number, not one dropped by a customer who was getting spam (or bill collector) calls.
Have you tried Hiya or Truecaller? I highly recommend it. I started using Hiya (free version) a week ago and it has been helping a lot.