Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bloatware

Does anyone know what phone on the market has minimal bloatware? Or is this inevitable?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
I would have to say nexus devices as they just have the default android rom, not customized at all by the manufacturer. Depending on the model you may or may not get the Koodo Self Serve App on the phone, but apart from that it's pretty much pure android.
Mathieu wrote:

I would have to say nexus devices as they just have the default android rom, not customized at al...

iTS NOT THE PHONE OR SYSTEM
Just  use a clean sweep app to free up like avg or other , then learn how to uninstall uselless apps by drag and drop You be surprized how easy it is to refine the phone what ever brand in 10 minutes
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

I would have to say nexus devices as they just have the default android rom, not customized at al...

Hey Darryl,

I do believe that in this case, the "bloatware" that is installed on the phone is all of the manufacturer's applications that they don't allow to be completely uninstalled from the device, unless you root it. In which case, the average user does not root their phones and are unable to uninstall the apps that are forced upon them. The reason we recommend nexus ones is that it's only the basic android apps and not who ever pays samsung/htc/LG money to get their apps on the phones by default. 
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

When it comes to sweeper apps they them selfs are Mostly Bloat ware covered in ads to make a buck. It also just uses a process that's available in the apps section of settings.
Userlevel 5
Yep, any Nexus Device.   Also the Alcatel Idol 3,  has virtually no bloatware,  almost pure android.

Thanks! Everyone seems to LOVE pure android. I don't understand why manufacturers feel that they need to "improve" it.
Userlevel 7
Reb wrote:

Thanks! Everyone seems to LOVE pure android. I don't understand why manufacturers feel that they ...

Well, personally I love my GS4 and don't really think I'd try the pure android of nexus. The reason you are receiving pure android responses here is that you don't want bloatware, and nexus is the purest of them all (even beats iOS) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My 2nd gen moto g also came with minimal bloatware. Had to buy it unlocked from staples though, since koodo isn't carrying it.
Userlevel 1
Nexus 6 is the purest phone you're going to get from koodo. next from that is the moto E it comes preloaded with a tiny amount of apps
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anything other than Android will have minimal or no bloatware, or bloatware that can be removed (iOS, Windows Phone 8.1, BlackBerry 10).
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

Anything other than Android will have minimal or no bloatware, or bloatware that can be removed (...

There's devices in the android family that have no bloat ware besides the google core apps