Koodo Community

Community

Solved

blacklisted phone

I bought a black listed koodo andriod I didnt know it was blacklisted how do I fix that or can I unlock it and use it that way??

9 replies

Userlevel 7
You're out of luck, bud. This is the risk you take when you buy phones secondhand. Looks like you'll need a new phone. Always test your SIM card and ensure its working before you buy a phone from someone. I'm getting an HTC One tonight and I'm making sure it'll work properly before I give the dude my money.
Jonathan I wrote:

You're out of luck, bud. This is the risk you take when you buy phones secondhand. Looks like you...

I was told by koodo to unlock it and use it? Thats what they told me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You're out of luck, bud. This is the risk you take when you buy phones secondhand. Looks like you...

If a device is blacklisted it is blocked from working with any provider in Canada, whether it is locked or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depends why it was blacklisted. If it's listed as lost or stolen then Jonathan's right and you're s.o.l. If it's flagged for fraudulent use you MAY be able to get it unflagged if you can prove you are not the person whose account is under investigation. No guarantees though, fraudulent accounts are not my department and my knowledge of their specific policies is sketchy at best.
I bought the phone from the owner it has all the papers and box all serial numbers match
Its I did a imei check it said it was lost/stolen I read online that only the comapny can lift it??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Har Middaugh wrote:

Its I did a imei check it said it was lost/stolen I read online that only the comapny can lift it??

Koodo can remove the block, but unless you are the one who reported it lost/stolen, doing so would defeat the entire purpose of allowing stolen handsets to be blocked.
Har Middaugh wrote:

So I get the owner to call in?
Userlevel 2
Har Middaugh wrote:

Assuming the Koodo account is still active, yes. You will need to get the account owner to call in and report that the phone is not lost/stolen so it can be unflagged. If you did not get the phone from the account owner, then good luck in trying to get it unflagged.