Koodo Community
Solved

billing question... bill is $22 higher than expected.

Userlevel 2
I just received the billing notification for my phone plan which u was told wold be around $70 due to switching to the new $73 plan from the alberta $70 plan to get the extra 1 gb of data... Why is it $22 more? ! If I was prepared to a pen almost $100 I would have gotten the 5 gb plan instead... Also I cannot seem to atach a screen shot from my phone of the self service app.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Likely proration and taxes. Page 3 of your bill will show you the breakdown. Proration happens when you first sign up or change your plan mid cycle. It gives you a credit for the days you haven't used up until your cycle date, then a charge for the days in between up until your cycle date + the new plan's regular month. If you're not sure still, call in to customer service. There's no charge to speak to a rep about billing.
Userlevel 6
Maybe you used data over and above what's in your plan??
Userlevel 2
Cameron Jones wrote:

I was well within my data plan. There was a $10 plan change fee which didn't help. The guy on the phone who changed my plan for me must have been off on his calculations of how much the bill would be.
Userlevel 6
Cameron Jones wrote:

Why didn't you change your plan in sef-serve so that you could save on the $10??
Userlevel 2
Cameron Jones wrote:

At the time I couldn't get it to work and neither could the manager at the koodo booth in the local mall. So I had to call in.