Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Billing Issue - Charged for data when data is turned off

I was charged for data on Apr, July and Aug stmt,  $7.50 each month for data when data setting on phone is turned off. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jeffrey,

Are you sure it's data? I haven't seen any overage fees of 7.50. Did you check how much data was used?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Jeffrey, I think what you are saying that you turned the data setting off on your phone. However, this doesn't always work 100% and data can still flow through whether it's updates or anything else. We don't manufacture the phones therefore the only way to guarantee complete shut off of data is at the network level. For that we do offer a data block feature which $2 per month. 
Interesting - when I spoke with customer service earlier in the year when it happened they issued a credit now Koodo wants to charge $2.00 per month 24/year to make sure I don't get data. Never had this problem before only this year. Sorry I am having difficulties accepting the response would like to escalate to management.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jeffrey Tawse wrote:

Interesting - when I spoke with customer service earlier in the year when it happened they issued...

Our customer service reps do have discretion to provide small one time adjustments under certain circumstances Jeffrey. However, ongoing crediting is not something we can do. 

A potential alternative would also be to switch to a newer plan. These ones do come with built in block and start at $30 just like the older plan you do have.

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have data off all the time?  Do you ever turn it on to receive picture messages?