Koodo Community

Community

Solved

billing cycle 5 days after phone is bought

Why does it say my billing cycle will be the 9th July when the phone was bought 4th July ....billing cycle June 10 to July 9th I did not have the phone for that period will I still pay for a month that I didn't use the phone

6 replies

Userlevel 7
When you activate an account, the system choose you a billing date. There are a few billing dates in the month but the system chooses the closest one so you got the 9th of the month.

You will see what is called PRORATION on your bill. you'll see a charge from july 4-9 and then a full months charge for July 10-Aug 9. You're not paying any more or any less than anyone else. Your second bill will be normal and have your monthly charge plus any overages from the previous billing period. Hope that explains things for you 🙂
OK thanks .... was a bit wortied
Userlevel 7
sian wrote:

Yeah its common when people first sign up. Proration can be scary to people cause it looks like you're getting charged more but you're really not. Have a good day 🙂
sian wrote:

Well i was just charged a full months $$$$$ for 5 days service i thought you said i wouldbpay a fraction of the month service
sian wrote:

Why is koodoo robbing their customer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
sian wrote:

He said, and I quote: "you'll see a charge from july 4-9 and then [b]a full months charge for July 10-Aug 9."