Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Billed for picture sent thru mms

HI, I have 2 phone (galaxy Ace II x). I don't have data plan and don't plan to have one. I have the CANADA-WIDE TALK AND TEXT PLANS (35$) I want to be able to send and receive picture. I have followed this thread to disable Internet and keep only mms communication: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2 When I look at my billing, I see the data for the picture I sent, but also I have 0.27Mb data at the same time. How this work ? Should I send only small picture (low res) ? Thanx Jonathan

3 replies

Userlevel 7
I just want to start by saying that your first name is awesome. Whoever chose it when you were born is my hero. I've noticed that even with the dual APN trick that has been posted before, one of the girls who works in our Zehrs did that exact thing (we did it for her but whatever) on her S II X and the browser would still work so she got charged for data and she doesn't like that... The issue you're experiencing is you most likely have apps/programs that are set to auto-sync in the background once your data is enabled... so even if you didn't do it yourself, it was inadverdently used. Go to Settings > Accounts and make sure the sync is disabled for whatever accounts you have listed there. Same thing with your Gmail. I'm assuming you have one setup already since you're using an Android.
Hi, How this is possible if I have no apn setup ? I have a wrond apn server without any info, and another apn with only mms. I cannot get to internet so how I can sync anything ? Jonathan
Userlevel 7
Did you ensure that the APNs in your device are exactly as what was posted/explained to you?