Koodo Community
Solved

Bill payments issue

• 5 March 2019
  • 9 replies

So I just got off the phone with a Koodo Rep. and she told me that my reoccurring payment that goes through was denied by my bank. Called my bank and they say their is no history of their being insufficient funds, or denial of payments. I end up spending 2 hours on the phone with Koodo and my Bank only to find out the issue is with you guys, honestly I would like a discount on my phone bill for this or ill cancel this because I'm not running around figuring out you're problems.
icon

Best answer by Mayumi 5 March 2019, 14:51

The bank said the last transaction they have seen in my account was 2 months ago to Koodo, so they couldn't see koodo attempting any transactions within my bank account even though I have my reoccurring payments set up with koodo through this card.

So, you could use the same card 2month ago...
Did you just set up auto payment? Because you might need pay your bill manually for the first time to set it up, then auto pay will kicks in.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you try to pay your bill?
Did you enter correct number? Have you ever had some payment issue before?
What did your bank say the issue was?
I tried to pay my bill through debit,
Yes the correct debit card is entered I've played with it before, this is my first payment issue, the bank said the last transaction they have seen in my account was 2 months ago to Koodo, so they couldn't see koodo attempting any transactions within my bank account even though I have my reoccurring payments set up with koodo through this card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would suggest you ask Koodo to give an official answer to your email/or confirmation of the incident (when they took the money, and the reason of denial). Then you can go to the bank and ask them directly. If the bank said No, then I would suggest you ask a confirmation in writing or specific ID from them. From there, you could pursue the truth...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's why I like paying my bills by myself. Leaves no room for error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The bank said the last transaction they have seen in my account was 2 months ago to Koodo, so they couldn't see koodo attempting any transactions within my bank account even though I have my reoccurring payments set up with koodo through this card.

So, you could use the same card 2month ago...
Did you just set up auto payment? Because you might need pay your bill manually for the first time to set it up, then auto pay will kicks in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So it sounds like koodo resolved the issue... an issue that they were responsible for.

I understand wanting something due to the wasting of your time. But I recommend not demanding something as part of the complaint. Your best bet is to contact Koodo via private message on facebook or twitter. Explain to them what happened and how they wasted half you day running around trying to figure out what happened. Tell them you are not happy with their error. And wait for them to offer some kind a credit. A good rep would offer this right away. It will be your choice to take it or not. I'm surprised your unhappiness was not discussed when they resolved the problem and determined it was Koodo's issue. It would have been easier since you were already speaking with them during that 2 hour call

I pay my koodo bill last night and I'm not seeing that clear from my koodo self serve account how long it normally takes to move.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I pay my koodo bill last night and I'm not seeing that clear from my koodo self serve account how long it normally takes to move.

Depends how you made the payment. Credit card payments will show up immediately, online banking payments take 3-5 business days.

Ok thanks