Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bill history - Less data is more expensive than more?

I've been on the same plan since 2011. The old $15/month basic plan + Data Saver. Here's a sample from my history of what I've been charged for data according to my bill history: 262MB : $10 + $5 base = $15 240MB : $15 + $5 base = $20 249MB : $10 + $5 base = $15 Any explanation? Either way, those older rates seem to be better than the new ones???

6 replies

Not sure why you were charged these rates. Here are the old rates for the data saver from 2011 Up to 25 MB - $5 26 - 100 MB - $10 101 - 300 MB - $15
Userlevel 2
Reena wrote:

Not sure why you were charged these rates. Here are the old rates for the data saver from 2011 ...

To add to Reena's post, Since you are billed 1 month in advance for the Data Saver, the $5 is already taken into account so the charge that you see is the correct amount 🙂.
Userlevel 6
Reena wrote:

Not sure why you were charged these rates. Here are the old rates for the data saver from 2011 ...

If you want better help here just post a screenshot of your bill. Without your personals of course. We need context.
Reena wrote:

So if I'm mostly concerned with data I would actually have to pay a bit more if I switched to either the new basic $20 plan + flex data or even the $30 canada-wide plan with (75min+100MB) with the current double minutes/data special. That's taking into consideration that my current bills are almost always $30+taxes= ~$35 I'm looking mostly at the $30 plan. From my understanding, my exact same usage under the $30 plan with the double data/minute would get me to $35+taxes = ~$40 because I would have to pay $5 for going over 200MB. Of course I would gain the unlimited texts/voice caller/caller id/more minutes though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Reena wrote:

I might be wrong, but I guess you could also lose per-second billing. It might not be a big deal for you, but for some it is 🙂 Worth considering... depending on whether your plan still charges per second - I think it changed somewhere in 2011 if I'm not mistaken 🙂
Here's screenshots of two bills that confuse me