Koodo Community
Solved

BEWARE - kodoo does not back their product at all😫😫

I posted yesterday about this and have decided I will take time from my day to warn people daily on every site I can. Koodo has sent my phone in to a third party to be fixed. The phone comes back with a $400 physical damage quote. I ask in person at the kiosk how this could have happened and what they are claiming to be damages with no answer. The kiosk tells me to speak with the loyalty department, the loyalty department is the one that sent me in for the hour drive to the kiosk. I am on day two and still getting the run around. I am stuck with a $1000 phone with no fault of my own and absolutely nobody from the company I purchased it from and have paid my bill to can get me any information on what they have assessed to be $400 damage at my expense. Smells fishy. That is extremely poor business practices to clearly have sold a faulty phone and choose not to back it at all. The phone is not even 6 months old and has heated up so hot you can not touch it. So koodo will be giving me back the phone with expectations that I should pay for a faulty phone. I will be spending my days calling local news media, authorities regarding how not to affect my credit rating as I should not have to pay for a product that is faulty. What could the customer possibly do to a phone to create it to heat up? Again shame on koodo. I am not looking to scam company. I just resent being scammed. Koodo should work with me to leave this situation how I came into it. With a working phone. Koodo should accept their responsibility for selling a faulty phone.
icon

Best answer by Dennis 12 July 2019, 19:19

You feel this is a warranty issue. Koodo's 3rd party repair shop says it was physical damage. Koodo is not even the one assessing the phone as they reply in the expertise of the repair shop that specializes in this.

At this point why are you not dealing directly with Huawei's Warranty team instead? Did you even attempt to go through the warranty process with the manufacturer? They are the ones that pay for all warranty repairs anyways
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is there any new information than these threads, yesterday?

https://community.koodomobile.com/other-80596/warning-against-using-koodoo-7794811
https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/bad-service-with-koodoo-once-again-7794809

Although, I support you, I would suggest you contact them or use your email account (registered with Koodo account) to post, so a rep can find you easier.

https://community.koodomobile.com/other-80596/warning-against-using-koodoo-7794811
https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/bad-service-with-koodoo-once-again-7794809

Although, I support you, I would suggest you contact them or use your email account (registered with Koodo account) to post, so a rep can find you easier.

No just that I'm still getting exactly the same run around as yesterday. People need to know what type of company they are dealing with. I will be making daily posts on social media. Koodo should not be legally allowed to do this. I hope somebody can give me information on TV media that picks these stories up. I have been searching and have contacted local media. I have been informed that there are TV media places that cover scams. Hopefully I will be able to find something like this. I have been searching and looking for something like W5.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to warn people, try to break up that massive wall of text into paragraphs and an easy to read summary. No one will take you seriously otherwise.

Plus posting daily messages here is not going to help your plea either. You might consider changing your approach...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No just that I'm still getting exactly the same run around as yesterday. People need to know what type of company they are dealing with. I will be making daily posts on social media. Koodo should not be legally allowed to do this. I hope somebody can give me information on TV media that picks these stories up. I have been searching and have contacted local media. I have been informed that there are TV media places that cover scams. Hopefully I will be able to find something like this. I have been searching and looking for something like W5.

This is a public forum, anyone can post here. Even you, didn't use the email with Koodo account, were able to post.

Yeah, you could hope for the media to read but you need more substance to your claim. Do you have any recording, picture of the phone, etc to prove it. Otherwise, it will be your words and your words....

Thank you. I have been trying to resolve with rep over pm I have asked over 10 times for a simple phone call and they will not phone me. They are saying tough luck you should have purchased extended warranty. As I told them strong arming the customer into paying additional fees to protect themselves from koodo poor products is not fair. They should at the very least explain how they have come to this conclusion. I am hoping a TV company will be able to assist me in moving forward with this. I would assume its illegal to sell a very expensive product that breaks after less than 6 months. I am really hoping by reaching out to social and TV media somebody can help. Hopefully as well this does not happen to anyone else. I have asked them on pm privately to phone me at 10 times. Come on you have no phone service. They just keep saying stuff that does not pertain to the issue at all. If anyone can explain how to show the messages I will be happy to. It's as if I'm on candid camera and they are getting their kicks by this. You would have to see my communication with them to believe this is going on.
Userlevel 4
I take your information seriously. Thank you for sharing your story.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can chat with them by sending message to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

As mentioned in other thread, check your phone if you block Koodo number 1 (866) 995-6636 or you can reschedule to a different number that you are sure you can receive call back normally. Setup the callback here www.koodo.com/chat
I posted yesterday about this and have decided I will take time from my day to warn people daily on every site I can. Koodo has sent my phone in to a third party to be fixed. The phone comes back with a $400 physical damage quote. I ask in person at the kiosk how this could have happened and what they are claiming to be damages with no answer. The kiosk tells me to speak with the loyalty department, the loyalty department is the one that sent me in for the hour drive to the kiosk. I am on day two and still getting the run around. I am stuck with a $1000 phone with no fault of my own and absolutely nobody from the company I purchased it from and have paid my bill to can get me any information on what they have assessed to be $400 damage at my expense. Smells fishy. That is extremely poor business practices to clearly have sold a faulty phone and choose not to back it at all. The phone is not even 6 months old and has heated up so hot you can not touch it. So koodo will be giving me back the phone with expectations that I should pay for a faulty phone. I will be spending my days calling local news media, authorities regarding how not to affect my credit rating as I should not have to pay for a product that is faulty. What could the customer possibly do to a phone to create it to heat up? Again shame on koodo. I am not looking to scam company. I just resent being scammed. Koodo should work with me to leave this situation how I came into it. With a working phone. Koodo should accept their responsibility for selling a faulty phone.
I would also like to update that I have just been passed back to the loyalty dept with the advice that they should be able to help. The agent on the koodo pm site has also agreed that I should be given evidence of my bill. Wow🤔🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You feel this is a warranty issue. Koodo's 3rd party repair shop says it was physical damage. Koodo is not even the one assessing the phone as they reply in the expertise of the repair shop that specializes in this.

At this point why are you not dealing directly with Huawei's Warranty team instead? Did you even attempt to go through the warranty process with the manufacturer? They are the ones that pay for all warranty repairs anyways

Nobody will give me an answer on what the physical damage is. I have spoken with the kiosk we brought it into they said my only option was to reject quote and have phone returned to possibly find out what their conclusion was to determine physical damage. Loyalty team told me that it is responsibility of the kiosk to get this information which we drove the hour to kiosk to try and get the information to be told the above. The pm from kodoo is very time consuming and also can not give me information. All I am looking for is an answer as to how they reached a diagnosis. It's extremely frustrating and appears to be a scam. I can't imagine anybody just paying a $400 quote without knowing why. I find that a reasonable expectation.
If it's manufacturer issues why is the process to send back through koodos kiosk? That makes no sense. Maybe they should be more dilegent on how they choose their suppliers. It doesn't seem right the customers are the ones who bare the expense of poor equipment. I own a store and live in a small town. If I sold poor quality product to my customers and told them tough luck don't care I would go out of business. You may feel differently when something like this happens to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A very reasonable ask to have it explained, what he physical damage was that they determined to be.

So it sounds like the kiosk has the option to reject and return to find out the conclusion. This process seems to be the step that you are looking for 🙂

Nobody will give me an answer on what the physical damage is. I have spoken with the kiosk we brought it into they said my only option was to reject quote and have phone returned to possibly find out what their conclusion was to determine physical damage. Loyalty team told me that it is responsibility of the kiosk to get this information which we drove the hour to kiosk to try and get the information to be told the above. The pm from kodoo is very time consuming and also can not give me information. All I am looking for is an answer as to how they reached a diagnosis. It's extremely frustrating and appears to be a scam. I can't imagine anybody just paying a $400 quote without knowing why. I find that a reasonable expectation. At this point I just want to warn people of the situation they may get into dealing with Koodo. When they first started service was great. Unfortunately due to loyal customerd like myself who have referred many people to them over my 8 years they have clearly built up a large business that they simply do not care about customers satisfaction. Hopefully this will eventually catch up on them.
A very reasonable ask to have it explained, what he physical damage was that they determined to be.

So it sounds like the kiosk has the option to reject and return to find out the conclusion. This process seems to be the step that you are looking for :)

My problem with the that step is to me it makes no sense to send the phone back to determine what the issue is. As koodo sent it out for repair I don't understand how they don't have access to the information on what is deemed to be physical damage. This way as the customer I am aware of what I am paying for and also able to make the decision on if I will pay for it. The phone is not even 6 months old so it should be better quality. It heated up so hot you could not even touch it. I am very uneducated and illiterate to technology. Without being able to get any answers I've just been at the mercy of people who know more than me. Some have said there is a possibility it could be battery damage. How could battery damage be the responsibility of customer? This is what I am trying to get to the bottom of. I finally do have someone willing to have a phone conversation with me. Fingers crossed we can get some answers.

Thank you for your support and advice. Following the directions you have helped me with an agent from Montreal has reached out to me. He is confident he will be able to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for taking your time. I will keep you posted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
“Some have said there is a possibility it could be battery damage. How could battery damage be the responsibility of customer? “

Yes, I said it could be battery. BUT, I never said it’s your fault. I said that if it was battery, I believe it should cover under warranty and they(manufacture) should be able to replace it.

I also said they gave you a quote/estimate of $400 repair cost. You have option to decline of repair. and they can NOT charge you $400 if they don’t fix it.
So, it’s not scam.

Then I gave you a link to contact Huawei.

I/we don’t have access to your phone, so I can’t tell what kind of physical damage it has. You can also contact local repair shop to get estimate too.

ADD: Haha, I was eating my lunch and also making my reply. You already have contact with agent now. It’s good news. Good luck
I appreciate your help and the links to the manufacturer. I just feel that should not be my responsibility. I am very confident that the representative I have been put in touch will be able to offer a fair resolution. Fingers crossed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Glad it got resolved!