Koodo Community

Community

Solved

beware kit Kat on note 2...

well I can say I have had my first not so good koodo rep fail lol but can't say it all the reps fault I was pretty frustrated at the time of the third rep that I got for my phone issue ...finally resolved just have to wait for the new phone to come in the mail. but for the two who were very helpful a big thanks goes out to koodo rep trinity from thunder bay and Roberto not sure where from but thanks again .:) oh and my phone issue was from the kit Kat update making my phone not take calls and go right to the answering machine and also it takes just about 10 hours to charge my phone from % 25 battery and as I type this it's plugged in and just went from % 9 to % 8 percent how does that work ?..lol well anyway my rant is done haha thanks again koodo for fixing my issue oh and lastly if u have a note 2 DONT UPDATE to kit Kat. ..

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Just to be sure, Are you using the charger that came with the phone? Check under Battery stats to see what might be eating your battery. AND if you just updated and have a lot of media files on your device, It could be that the Media Scanner is rebuilding its database which does take some juice.
Will my note2 has been up grade to kit Kat as for talking I hade no uses regurding to this and yes is up gradeble you see problam has AMERICAN software
Wach is not good for any phone now moto I can see
Samsung not good have American software in this phone should be Korean software that problam won't happen or jpansese software??
Yes I use the charger that came with the phone and I don't run any apps and almost no pics and no videos... I use my phone just as a phone lol ...and not a hardware problem the koodo reps agree that it is the update they said a lot off ppl have had issues for the note 2 kit Kat update so it's soft ware but I'm just going with what they think as I am pretty technology dumb haha and also when my phone does finish charging and it only took 8 hours last night to charge but when it is done charging the battery doesn't drain faster then normal ......
And sorry only apps I have are Facebook and clean master
Got it replaced and the same thing happens again within 2 days....so koodo sent me a new nexus 5 for free and no problems at all thank u koodo for the fine service:)
Userlevel 1
Had the same problem not receiving calls Koodo sent me three of these note 2 still have the problem and they will not give me a different phone
Userlevel 1
There are different things you can do a rest of the hardware or call koodo *611 pressing 6 technology thay can help you Plsese keep in mind is like computer clear all running app in back round by pressing the home botten You will see cpu if is built up may can cose problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can't receive calls on 3 different phones? Let's try to be helpful. The 3 phones can't all be bad. I have a Note II that has worked flawlessly from Eastern Canada to Southwest US, with Koodo and another US provider while I'm down south. [b]Android Signal strength: what are your results First make sure that Airplane and Blocking Mode are off. Sounds basic, but if I put my phone into my pocket in a certain way without turning off the screen, the contact with body heat is enough to produce a touch on the screen. Once or twice pulled out the phone to find it’s muted. Also noted that if I am calling Koodo to Koodo, I have to list the prefix 1 before the area code in my contact numbers or else sometimes the call will not complete. We forget that “free” long distance doesn’t mean we don’t have to dial it in the conventional way. Bars on the phone are just barely decorations. Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cls.networkwidget or something similar. Gives fairly instanteneous readings for voice and data in dB units. As long as you show less than 100 -dBm, you should be able to communicate. If you can send yourself a text and receive it promptly, then the network connection is working. Even in areas that have good coverage, it’s not uncommon to have dead zones. Stay away from large metallic objects such as wrought iron railings and open any metallic window blinds. Had a local problem with trees galore at home in a rural area and was able to find a “hot spot” where everything works. There are sister apps that will do the same for WiFi coverage as well.
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Can't receive calls on 3 different phones? Let's try to be helpful. The 3 phones can't all be ...

I can't believe this either three phones but its true and there was somebody else on here that have the same problem and kudos sent them a nexus 5 I just want a phone that works I am NOT looking for anything more than what I paid for I have tried everything that everybody suggest the airplane mode and everything else signal in my area is very good with the first phone it seems to happen right after chargingalso the first phone when I turned on wifi I could not get on the internet somebody suggested resetting the phone and this helped then I could not receive calls I am very familiar with phones and the settings to me it seems like there is a software glitch and all of the phones I've been receiving are within a certain serial number anyway I have had a problem with Koodo and the LG Cookie nobody would admit it was a bad phone until a year or two later let's be honest when the phone is no good and you're still selling it they will not admit to it let's just get rid of the problem when they sell out the phones then maybe something will be donemy girlfriend has a phone with Koodo and she can be right next to me and receive calls and my phone won't Hmmm
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Can't receive calls on 3 different phones? Let's try to be helpful. The 3 phones can't all be ...

I believe it.....I too am going thru the same issue with my Note 2. The phone will not receive calls and this happens intermittently. It will receive calls flawlessly for 1 hour and then starts to fail the next hour for 10 minutes. Like I said this problem is very random and annoying to no end, since this phone now is failing to do one of the basic function that this phone is designed to do. I'm on my 2nd Note 2 as the first one was sent back to Koodo and both had this same intermittent fail. Before I sent the 1st Note 2 back to Koodo, I went to my kiosk where I bought the phone from and they were kind enough to lend me a Samsung Galaxy Mega for 10 days. We took the sim from the Note 2 and put it into the Galaxy Mega, the phone never failed, it always worked. I dealt with tech support and engineering and they came to the conclusion that the network was OK and that the problem was the phone, in this case the Note 2. I personally think the issue is with the O/S ( Kit Kat ).....that would be my guess. I am still trying to resolve a solution for me, with Koodo, will update you when that happens. M. Fritz
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Same here but not calling is the problem for me backligth is not going off lol I don't get way koodo have more expacov I look o
Userlevel 3
BobTheElectrician wrote:

WHAT???
I believe it.....I too am going thru the same issue with my Note 2. The phone will not receive calls and this happens intermittently. It will receive calls flawlessly for 1 hour or more and then starts to fail the next hour for 10 minutes and then work again. Like I said this problem is very random and annoying to no end, since this phone now is failing to do one of the basic function that this phone is designed to do. I'm on my 2nd Note 2 (replacement) as the first one was sent back to Koodo and both phones have the same intermittent fail. Before I sent the 1st Note 2 back to Koodo, I went back to my kiosk where I bought the phone from and they were kind enough to lend me a Samsung Galaxy Mega for 10 days. We took the sim from the Note 2 and put it into the Galaxy Mega, that phone never failed, it always worked. I've dealt with Koodo tech support and engineering and they came to the conclusion that the network was OK and that the problem was the phone, in this case the Note 2. I personally think the issue is with the O/S ( Kit Kat ).....that would be my educated guess. Presently, my phone is at a Samsung repair centre and am not holding out much hope for a solution. They repaired 1st Note 2 with a "The complaint could not be replicated" and a "Device master reset to original factory settings and returned without repair." I am still trying to resolve a solution for me, with Koodo, and will update you when that happens.
Michael Fritz wrote:

I believe it.....I too am going thru the same issue with my Note 2. The phone will not receive ca...

Latest Update Well I got 2nd Note 2 back from an authorized Samsung Repair Centre and guess what, the problem is still there. So I returned it back to them and they couldn't fix it. They gave me a replacement phone, another Note 2 and guess what, same problem, intermittently the phone fails to ring (volume @ max) when someone calls. Presently I'm on my 3rd Note 2 and am not very happy with this model. I then decided to unlock the phone and move on to a new carrier to see if this would help. I changed my service provider, got a new sim, and guess what, the same problem returned after about a day or two. I now decided to contact Samsung Customer Care and they escalated my problem to Samsung Executive customer care. Now a NEW problem showed up, their Executive customer care said they couldn't help me, because my last replacement phone that I received from their service center, was out of warranty. I wouldn't care if the phone fails to run an app or a game runs to slow, but this problem is one of the two basic functions that any cell phone should be able to do reliably and this model fails miserably at. This is making my decision of which new phone to get, easier, (ABS) Anything But Samsung.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just how does this topic qualify as "answered"? Knife-sharpening response here: get the phone unlocked and try a seriously different carrier (≠ Telus or Bell) for under 14 days so that you cancel without penalty. Sometimes in life, things don't play nice together. Don't play finger-pointing, but try not to kill the referee in the process. If you have a snow-bound day sometime, just google "samsung connection issues".
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Just how does this topic qualify as "answered"? Knife-sharpening response here: get the phone ...

Could not find anything about this problem on the connection issue topic. KOODO needs to go after Samsung for its customers and stop the madness
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Just how does this topic qualify as "answered"? Knife-sharpening response here: get the phone ...

Try clear running apps in the back round the note 2 is old phone old software loopoop not vable for note 2 is litte stupid but if you Google it may help you
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Tried that, it has done this from the very beginning. ?????????? SAMSUNG IS NOT THE PHONES THEY USED TO BE.they now are trying to buy BlackBerry. Hmmm
Userlevel 1
BobTheElectrician wrote:

I hope it works out?
My samsung note 2 is also doing the same thing if I turn the wifi off problem seems to go away. turning the wifi off is not an acceptable solution. I have a loner Samsung S3 haven't missed any calls yet and Koodo has my Note 2 witch sure they will just factory reset and say its fine and probably scratch it up more Right now I am not to happy with Koodo will just have to hope my note 2 actually gets a software update to fix it. This is not been answered my Note 2 still has the problem. turning wifi off seemed to work best and and network on auto connect lte/wcdma/gsm Please post if turning your wifi off is working for you I am interested if it works for anyone else as I had 2 days with no missed calls with wifi off also turning it off then back on would restore connection and I could receive calls again for while. I will be retesting my note 2 when it comes back from repair I hope Samsung actually fixes it but if not Ill do few days of testing with wifi off and post the results here.
Derek S wrote:

My samsung note 2 is also doing the same thing if I turn the wifi off problem seems to go away. ...

I'll try your fix and will let you know if it helps me. Thanx Michael F.
Userlevel 1
Derek S wrote:

My samsung note 2 is also doing the same thing if I turn the wifi off problem seems to go away. ...

Only buggy because kitkit wen Google relasy software my opinion is not made will not even quality chack software butter made Japanese more butter did you software reset my help you
Derek S wrote:

Your fix didn't work for me ..... back to square one. A new Motorola G 2nd Gen is starting to look good now.
Latest Update on my Note 2 (Part 2) Well I got 2nd Note 2 back from an authorized Samsung Repair Centre and guess what, the problem is still there. So I returned it back to them and they couldn't fix it. They gave me a replacement phone, another Note 2 and guess what, same problem, intermittently the phone fails to ring (volume @ max) when someone calls. Presently I'm on my 3rd Note 2 and am not very happy with this model. I then decided to unlock the phone and move on to a new carrier to see if this would help. I changed my service provider, got a new sim, and guess what, the same problem returned after about a day or two. I now decided to contact Samsung Customer Care and they escalated my problem to Samsung Executive customer care. Now a NEW problem showed up, their Executive customer care said they couldn't help me, because my last replacement phone that I received from their service center, was out of warranty. I wouldn't care if the phone fails to run an app or a game runs to slow, but this problem is one of the two basic functions that any cell phone should be able to do reliably and this model fails miserably at. This is making my decision of which new phone to get, easier, (ABS) Anything But Samsung.
Userlevel 1
Michael Fritz wrote:

Latest Update on my Note 2 (Part 2) Well I got 2nd Note 2 back from an authorized Samsung...

Hmm 3 times to koodo for replacement aND 5 times to samsung, the 4th time Samsung sent me a replacement cause resetting the phone didn't seem to work that's all they did the first four times when I got it back after the fourth time the screen was all wonky they replace the phone screen here the fifth time it still has the same problem once in awhile nobody will admit these are lemons