Koodo Community
Question

Bestbuy Giftcard to buy Koodo phone?

• 31 December 2012
  • 6 replies

If a phone I want is available to buy at Bestbuy with Koodo, can I use a bestbuy.gift card towards getting that phone?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. But you'll have to goto best buy to use it.
Userlevel 7
Retailer policies vary on this issue. I can't speak for Best Buy but Mobile Shop explicitly states it's a case-by-case basis only (most of the time it's a no) for our PC.gift cards because we lose a lot of money by doing that. For example, Koodo is offering $100 in.gift cards (PC ones, in our case) on new activations on the... Bold 9790, for example. When we are doing the invoice in RQ 4, it asks for the tracking numbers of the.gift cards after selecting "new activation". Once we scan them in and finalize the invoice, it's registered in our inventory and eventually Koodo reimburses us for the.gift cards. However, by not scanning the tracking # of the.gift cards and applying what's called a .gift card instant rebate" to the invoice, it applies the price of the.gift cards off the device. Device pricing is non-adjustable by any means unless you have a serious security override. Koodo still paid for those GCs because it prompted us in the invoice. So when Koodo wants to reimburse us for the.gift cards, they can't, because we still have the.gift cards in stock... but the customer just got the phone for $100 cheaper! So Koodo now charges us that $100 they just lost. Yes it's an activation for us but we just ate $100 in profit. We had a situation where one of our stores (which shall remain anonymous) started doing this repeatedly to sell a lot of S II Xs to get higher volume of sales... it worked, but it caught up with them. They costed the company over $2,000 in profit because of that and our DM cracked down on it. That's why we don't do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Retailer policies vary on this issue. I can't speak for Best Buy but Mobile Shop explicitly state...Would there be a problem using it at bestbuy?
Userlevel 7
Retailer policies vary on this issue. I can't speak for Best Buy but Mobile Shop explicitly state...I don't know what their policy is. I don't work for them. Taylor, you're better off asking a Best Buy rep what their policy is with using GCs towards the device itself.
Userlevel 2
Retailer policies vary on this issue. I can't speak for Best Buy but Mobile Shop explicitly state...No problem using.gift card with bestbuy. I used once futureshop.giftcard when I buy koodo phone from them. Right now best buy is offering S2 for only $50 which is $100 on koodo webstore.
Userlevel 5
You should be able to use it in bestbuy, at a koodo store they can even accept mall.gift cards.