Koodo Community

Community

Question

Best way to proceed? Rec'd call fr Koodo to change plans. I did - data stopped working completely. Was charged $10 with no notice.

What is the best way to proceed? Rec'd unsolicited call from Koodo to change plans. I did, 'cause it made sense, but my data stopped working completely and I was charged $10 with no notice. I tried calling cust. service when my data stopped working - learned then about the $10 charge. Tried calling again this morning, and there's a high wait time. I've also been without data for the last 5 days. I''m worried that if I call again and talk to a cust. service rep I'll get dinged again. Should I DM or tweet the koodo account? Wait through the phone line? I've never had a problem with Koodo before. Phone is nexus 5, plan is "500 min, 500mb shock free data, unlimited messaging" switched from "300 mb". On my self serve under usage it says the 300mb is expired, with no messages under the "500 mb" box.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben, where do you see the $10 charge? Rate plan changes via customer service indeed cost that much (free online) but when we call you to offer you a plan that is waived.

Send us a DM via Facebook so we can look at your account and see what maybe the issue with your data. Before that can you pls try to shut down the phone, take out the battery then put together and start it up? May help fix things. 
Userlevel 6
Bernard, he did say he had the Nexus 5, so he can't take the battery out
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Ahhhh....good point. 🙂 Let's change tactic Ben. Remove the SIM and put back. 
Jru Gordon wrote:

Turning it off and on again got the data working - I'm sure that was the first thing I tried, but maybe not (whoops) and it's working now. I've contacted via Facebook pm regarding the $10 and am waiting for a response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

I can see the credit on your account Ben. System automatically puts the $10 for rate plan change. The rep you talked to has credited though from what I can see. 
Jru Gordon wrote:

Great, thank you! Is the credit automatically applied, or do I need to activate it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Automatic in a sense that our rep did. 🙂 You don't have to do anything. 
Jru Gordon wrote:

Thanks! I think the rep letting a customer know they might need to restart their phone for the new plan to apply and that the charge/credit process is happening could avoid confusion in the future, but I am once again happy with my overall koodo experience.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Totally valid comment re the rep telling you about charge/credit process! 

Plan changes do not require a restart, I think it was just a coincidence here Ben. 

Happy that you are happy! 🙂 If you want even more happiness check this out:-)

https://www.facebook.com/happynewsnetworkbykoodo/