Koodo Community
Solved

Bell bloatware on note 20 ultra

I received a certified pre-owned note 20 ultra with two Bell bloatware installed,  is that common? 

Am I able to removed them at all?

Thanks

JF

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 7 June 2021, 17:31

I received a certified pre-owned note 20 ultra with two Bell bloatware installed,  is that common? 

Thanks

JF

There is a way you may be able to remove the bloatware. 

Step 1: Make sure all your data in your phone has been backed up.

Step 2: Open the Samsung stock dialer and type the following: *#243203855# OR *#272*IMEI#. Replace IMEI with your phone's IMEI number.

Step 3: You will be presented with a screen called "Preconfig" Scroll until you see KDO, tap it, then tap "Install" at the bottom of the screen. If you don't see KDO, it is okay to use either TLS, although KDO is better since it doesn't come with the Telus apps that don't work with Koodo.

Step 4: Your phone will reset, then reboot. You should now be rid of bloatware and your phone will be optimized for the Koodo network.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

See if you can remove them. If you disable them in the app store if you cannot delete them at least they'll be dorment. Samsung also now eventually forces apps to go dorment that aren't used for a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks

JF

Step 2: Open the Samsung stock dialer and type the following: *#243203855# OR *#272*IMEI#. Replace IMEI with your phone's IMEI number.

Step 3: You will be presented with a screen called "Preconfig" Scroll until you see KDO, tap it, then tap "Install" at the bottom of the screen. If you don't see KDO, it is okay to use either TLS, although KDO is better since it doesn't come with the Telus apps that don't work with Koodo.

Step 4: Your phone will reset, then reboot. You should now be rid of bloatware and your phone will be optimized for the Koodo network.

Thanks

JF

Thanks, I'll do a backup and try that.