Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Battery Problem

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace II. The phone keeps getting red hot (when not in use)and the battery drains very almost instantly. There is no pattern. The issue appears quite randomly. Can I return the phone?

4 replies

Badge +4
If the phone is still under the one year warranty you can send it in for repair. If you've had it for less than 15 days, you can return it and exchange it for a different phone. How long have you had your Ace 2x? Depending on how long you've had the Ace 2x, it may be time for a new battery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If the phone is still under the one year warranty you can send it in for repair. If you've had it...

To add, If within 30 days and it's a manufacturer defect you can exchange it for a new phone of the exact same model. Also check out the battery and make sure it hasn't warped or expanded and if it has don't use it anymore and bring it in for repair or a new device depending on length of time you've had it or get a new battery if it's been over a year.
rikkster wrote:

If the phone is still under the one year warranty you can send it in for repair. If you've had it...

This is the same problem I have had. I received a new battery under warranty but need to know if I am expected to send the old defective battery back?
If it is not a battery defect, make sure  to check that you aren't leaving apps that will drain the battery open will the phone is not in use. A good app to use to help conserve battery power is Battery Doctor, look into it.