Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Battery /Power problems

I have a Samsung Galaxy lll. I have had it since May.Lately I have been having problems with the battery. (or something) I unplugged it this morning as it was fully charged at 100 % ..then put it in my purse for safekeeping..went to get it 30 minutes later and it was down to 39%. I did not turn iton . Its been doing weird things like that lately. I did take the battery out once and put it back in. Any suggestions ?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Factory Restore. Often fixes my issues, especially after updating the phone.
Whats that ?
Userlevel 7
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

It's resetting your fault and erasing all the content that is on it from the phone and starting up from scratch.
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

Yikes...no other fix ?
Userlevel 7
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

Sure their are, but none of them are as affective as the factory reset.

Go through every single setting on the phone and dissable anything you don't use. This includes bluetooth, nfc, etc. 
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

What is NFC? It was on ..now off.
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

How go I reset ? Do I have to go through each thing and delete it ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t4qc8Fai74

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=samsung+galaxy+s3+...

How to reset phone and replacement battery
Userlevel 7
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

Before you buy a replacement battery, try the factory reset and if it does not work go to a Koodo kiosk and send it out for warranty work. They will be able to check if the battery is defective and if so, possibly replace it under warranty as you purchased the phone in May.
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

I have reset it and am letting it reload and install.I am setting stuff up but I only have 2% battery ...plugged in.
Userlevel 7
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

On a side note, it is best practice to not use your phone while it's charging. When you do, your battery's life is reduced.
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

I'm wondering if I should go to Wal-Mart where I bought or to a Kiddo Kiosk if I can find one. Actually I looked online and there doesn't seem to be a Koodo Kiosk in this town but there is a Wal-Mart.
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

The Wal-Mart here can't help with the warranty.there's noOks store and the closest one doesn't have a battery for my phone and its far away.I can't even purchase a battery at Wal-Mart because they don't have one. Koodo is going to mail me one...it'll take up to 3 business days. I spent a long time with Koodo after I bought a pay as you go card to use on my old flip phone.
Userlevel 7
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

Wow it's great that Koodo is mailling you a battery right away like that!
jackies wrote:

Whats that ?

Yea..it is. Its too bad I couldn't go to a store here but there isn't one. The 2 closest Koodo stores didnt have a battery.They are quite far away.Using my flip phone is not fun. I was glad to have it for this emergency though.